15 Minute Deep Stretching Yoga for Hamstrings, Hips & Inner Thighs is very relaxing, very deep lower body stretching routine from Sara Beth. I used it today as one of my recovery day workouts. Since it is so short, I combined it with one of Sara’s other practices: Morning Yoga Routine | 15 Minute Daily Slow Yoga Stretches, which was a bit more active than this workout. In this practice you hold each lower body stretch for approximately one minute. I warmed up with a short rebounder workout from Naomi Joy before moving onto Sara’s 2 yoga practices. Overall, it was a wonderful, feel good recovery day workout.
15 Minute Deep Stretching Yoga for Hamstrings, Hips & Inner Thighs is 16:15 minutes. It is actually 15 minutes; the last 1:15 is Sara talking about another practice. Equipment: fitness mat and yoga strap.
- Sit cross-leg on mat with hands on knees taking deep breaths
- Lay on back, soles of feet together, knees bent and open (reclining butterfly); continue laying on your back, knees bent and knees together, soles of feet on floor
- Reclining pigeon (figure 4 stretch)
- Wrap strap around sole of foot and straighten leg holding both ends of the strap in one hand and raising foot to ceiling, extend other leg straight on the mat; open straight leg out to side; cross straight leg over body to other side
- Repeat #3 & 4 on other leg
- Corpse pose for approx. 2 minutes; extend arms overhead stretching body long
- Sit cross-leg with eyes closed for about one minute