10 Minute Yoga for Grief | Grief Yoga for Tense Neck, Shoulders & Hips is a very slow and relaxing stretch from Sara Beth. During the stretch Sara does talk you through dealing with grief but don’t worry, she doesn’t weigh you down and it isn’t excessive grief talk. Sara created several “grief’ yoga practices that I plan to try. Here is how she describes them: “The entire GRIEF Yoga Collection was created to give you a safe space with emotional support & guidance to gently stretch your aching body while pumping the brakes on the “fight or flight response” so you can rest and relax into your grief process.” I found this to be a very relaxing and feel good stretch. You hold all of the stretches for a long time but none of them were uncomfortable. They felt very good. I had just finished an intense and exhausting metabolic strength workout, so this was exactly what I needed.
For some of the stretch poses Sara shows easier variations. They appear in the upper corners of the screen. In one she is sitting in a chair rather than on a mat, and in the other she is sitting on a folded blanket and not going as deeply into the pose.
10 Minute Yoga for Grief | Grief Yoga for Tense Neck, Shoulders & Hips is 13:07 minutes; however it is actually just under 12 minutes. The last minute is Sara talking. Equipment: fitness mat. Optional: folded blanket.
- Sit cross-leg with hands on knees and eyes closed
- Shrug your shoulders; circle shoulders
- Tilt head to one shoulder and nod head forward and back then rotate it side to side (while still tilted)
- Still sitting cross-leg, raise both arms overhead, when you lower them, twist torso in a spinal twist
- With legs still crossed, hinge torso forward over legs, placing forearms on the floor
- Still sitting cross-leg, place hands on floor behind you and arch spine, opening chest
- Switch which leg is in front and repeat #5
- Repeat #6
- Repeat #1