10 Minute Mobility Yoga for Posture | Unwind Tight Chest & Rounded Shoulders is a deep yoga stretch from Sara Beth that focuses on the chest and shoulders, though your entire upper body will get stretched. I used it this morning after doing a tough upper body strength workout that I really felt in my shoulders. Though this short routine felt good by the end, it was not as “feel good” as I was expecting it to be. Some of the poses were a bit of work! But nothing major or complicated or advanced; just a bit more active than I expected. Overall, it did held give my shoulders some release.
10 Minute Mobility Yoga for Posture | Unwind Tight Chest & Rounded Shoulders is 10:45 minutes; it is actually 9:30 minutes. The last 1:15 minutes is Sara talking about one of her other practices. Equipment: fitness mat.
- Child’s pose with arms extended in front of you
- Bird dog
- Downward facing dog, pedaling the feet
- Puppy pose; clasp hands and bring hands behind head to neck
- Lay on stomach (relaxed)
- Still laying on stomach, clasp hands at small of back and raise chest, lifting arms and legs (locust pose)
- Repeat #5
- Still laying on stomach, legs open slightly wider than the mat, arms extended overhead, twist torso, reaching one arm over so that shoulders are as close to floor as you can manage and legs are scissored (see picture above)
- Child’s pose