Another fun and excellent 10 minute workout from Popsugar. As usual, I used this as an add on after doing a more intense workout. This morning it was Cathe Live: Bootcamp w/ Step and this workout did an excellent job finishing me off. This workout is metabolic lower body work–cardio and bodyweight strength. This workout (and all of the 10 minute workouts by Popsugar I’ve done so far) is led by Anna Renderer. Apparently she is Popsugar’s main trainer? I know she isn’t the only one because I see other trainers leading things on their YouTube page, but she does seem to lead most of them. I like her and she has a great presence. If she is creating these little workouts herself, she does a great job putting together effective moves. This one did contain some of the same exercises as her Ultimate Inner Thigh Workout but it is constructed and carried out a little differently and is much more cardio focused. No core work in this one–all lower body and cardio. According to my Fitbit I burned more calories doing this Popsugar workout than I did doing the other two. But again, that could have something to do with the fact I just finished an intense workout and then went directly into this–so my heart rate was already pumping. But that doesn’t mean this isn’t a great little workout! I really loved it and will return to it. Maybe one day I will string a couple of these 10 minute gems together into a 30 minute doubles workout. But maybe not–because Popsugar has 30 minute workouts I still plan to try! BTW–for more info on Popsugar and (free) streaming workouts I’ve sampled and reviewed, check out my Streaming page.
Skinny Jeans Workout is 10 minutes long and all you need is a mat.
- Jumping Jacks
- Scissor Jacks (criss-cross feet while jacking)
- Gate Swing: start in a plié squat and jump in and out of deep plié squat
- Gate Swings but now scissor/criss-cross feet when you jump in
- Repeat 1-4
- Alternating Side Lunges
- Alternating reverse lunges
- Repeat 6 & 7
- Under the Fence Squat and Kick: stand beside mat and do a deep squat, stepping over mat to other side, and lowering upper body like you are ducking under a fence then do a side kick
- Single Leg Bridge (this is a straight arm bridge, so sit on mat, arms straight behind you and palms on mat, one leg bent, foot on floor and the other leg raised; raise and lower hips–you will do this on both legs)
- Repeat 9 & 10