As I mentioned in the review for the other 10 Minute Butt Lifting workout from Popsugar, I only wrote “Popsugar Butt Lift” on my workout rotation chart, so this morning I had no idea which one I meant when I created it. Solution? Just do both! So I followed up Cassie Ho‘s Butt Lift w/ Tracy Mallet’s Butt-Lifting workout. And I gotta tell you, today was not a lower body day but a cardio day. I did Cathe Live: Cardio Band Blast w/ Weights, which had lots of plyo, calf work and metabolic lower body work. So my legs are still stinging an hour and a half after finishing! Kind of like it was a leg day!
This is another 10 minute Popsugar workout that works excellent as a finisher for the lower body. It is led by a guest trainer Tracey Mallett. I actually have a Tracey Mallett DVD sitting on my shelf that I haven’t tried yet: The Booty Barre–Total New Body. However, she likens this workout to another DVD she has called F.I.T Functional Intensity Training, which I now must purchase. This workout did burn my legs out big time. Now, it could have had something to do with the fact I had just done a 48 minute Cathe Live workout followed by a 10 minute Butt Lift workout–but nevertheless, my legs were screaming during this little workout!
This 10 minute workout is barre inspired. In fact, for one of the moves I recommend having a chair or something to hang onto unless you have great balance. Anna Renderer is present as is a 3rd exerciser who is showing modifications. Tracey keeps this workout moving at a fast clip and really works hard to hit each side of the body evenly. I really liked her and will have to make more of an effort to sample the DVD of hers sitting on my shelf.
The Butt Lifting Workout That’s Better Than Spanx is 10 minutes long. All you need for this workout is a fitness mat, but as I mentioned above, if you are balance challenged, having a chair nearby might be helpful. This workout also has the subtitle of Lower Body Barre Workout.
- Plie second position pulsing squats (wide plie squat)
- Continue pulsing in plie but now you will rotate into a lunge, rotate back to plie, rotate to lunge on other side, all while continuing to pulse
- Continue #2 at various tempos: singles, 4 pulses in each position, doubles in each position and finally back to singles
- Pulse in lunge w/ front heel raised (this is where having a chair nearby would be helpful!)
- Step and Curtsy: alternating curtsy lunges; while in curtsy lunge touch fingertips to ground
- Continue doing #5, but this time while in curtsy lunge you will pulse 4 times in lunge w/ fingertips on ground; end w/ singles again
- Lunge and Tap: come down into a lunge but w/ front foot turned out and hands on ground on either side of front foot; tap back leg in and out while in this position
- Side Plank w/ Leg Lift: get into side plank and pulse top leg
- Quadruped Series: get on hands and knees, straighten right leg out behind you and pulse; change pulses to circles; attitude lifts (leg bent, raising and lowering, then pulsing); straighten leg again and sweep it all the way to the side and back; repeat Quadruped Series on left leg
For more info on Popsugar and other (free) streaming workouts I’ve sampled and reviewed, check out my Streaming page.
3 thoughts on “Popsugar: The Butt-Lifting Workout That’s Better Than Spanx”