Active Stretch Supermodels Use To Get Balanced is the first Popsugar workout I didn’t really enjoy and will not be returning to. In fact, after I post this review, I will be removing it from my YouTube playlist so I do not choose it by accident. First, the title is silly. Who cares if supermodels use it or not? No stretch will ever transform you into a supermodel, so I am not sure why that is even relevant. And second, I didn’t really feel these stretches. I mean, I did feel them–they just weren’t deep stretches. This seemed more like core work with some stretching. Overall, I was unimpressed.
- Start on back with arms in goal post (she calls it cactus arms), knees bent and feet on either side of mat; rotate both knees to each side while doing 4 count inhale/exhale
- Sit up on bottom; right leg brought in to chest, left leg straight and on mat; place hands behind quad; bend and straighten right knee; this changes to releasing the leg and rolling torso down then rolling back up and gripping foot (leg still straight) to stretch hamstring; repeat on left leg
- Get into side plank; raise hips while stretching top arm overhead; do this move 4x to count of 4; end w/ a counter stretch sitting on bottom w/ knees bent
- Get into side plank but this time place top leg on floor behind you; raise hips while stretching top arm overhead; do this move 4x to count of 4; end w/ a counter stretch sitting on bottom w/ knees bent
- Rotated runners; get into lunge w/ back knee on ground and hold a towel in both hands about a foot between each hand, raise towel overhead; press forward and back several times while pressing straight arms holding towel overhead back behind you; this changes to twisting arms/torso while pressing forward