***This review will be double posted (eventually). I purchased Linda‘s 5 Best Exercise Series DVD which contains 11 mini workouts. But some (or all?) of them are also available for free on YouTube. So, as I work through my DVD review, I will check to see if the individual workouts are also available on YouTube and post separate reviews for them as I go. However, eventually the DVD review will go up containing all 11 mini workout reviews.***
Butt Blasters is 11 minutes long. I used Butt Blasters as a finisher after doing Cathe Live: Triset Legs–so my legs were already fried. But since Triset Legs is only 47 minutes and I workout for an hour most mornings, I needed something to round out my hour. This was perfect. I mention that for several reasons–first, to show it is an excellent finisher for a lower body workout, but also to note that my legs and glutes had already been well worked before I even started this workout. Triset Legs always works my legs and glutes very hard and leaves me drenched in sweat. So that is how I came to Butt Blasters. And Butt Blasters definitely finished my glutes off. I was hurting and hitting muscle failure during this mini workout! It felt brutal! But again, not sure how much that had to do with all that I had just done before I started it. Nevertheless–it is an excellent finisher!
Equipment needed: a chair and a mat. 5 exercises; each exercise is done for one minute. If the exercise focuses on one side of the body then you work each side for a full minute. Linda writes on the YouTube page for this workout that you should repeat this circuit as many times as you can until your butt is fried. For best results use the workout 3 times a week. Or you can just use it as a finisher like I did!
- Squats (basic, unweighted squat; bring elbows to tops of thighs with each squat)
- Single Leg Lunge, toe up (get into lunge, raise front heel and place hands on back of chair; pulse in for a full minute, never lowering heel)
- Sit Backs (hands on back of chair, torso hinged forward, raise one leg straight out behind you; do a one leg squat, never lowering raised leg)
- Bent Leg Raises (pizza presses; get on all 4s, raise one bent leg and press/pulse foot up to ceiling)
- Attitude Raises (still on all 4s, leg still bent but knee is now behind you so ankles cross; raise and lower bent leg, ankles tapping at bottom)