100 Rep Cardio Core Box is part of Linda Wooldridge’s 100 Rep Challenge series. She has 10 workouts in this series (here is her 100 Rep Challenge play list so you can view them all). The idea behind them is you do 100 reps of each exercise in the workout. There are 10 exercises, so each workout actually contains 1,000 reps!
Another very cool workout from Linda. It starts w/ standing cardio core boxing then you move to the mat for more straight core work. I liked the standing core work a lot more than the mat work–but I felt it all! You can use this to finish off another workout or you can do like I did this morning and pair together several of Linda’s short workouts into an hour long workout. This morning I started with her 100 Rep Squat & Kick, then did this workout and ended with Linda’s 5 Best Butt Blasting Exercises. That gave me an hour long metabolic workout that worked my glutes and core very well!
100 Rep Cardio Core Box is 24 minutes long; no warm up and 2 minute stretch. Equipment needed: a fitness mat and light hand weights.
- Alternating punches while in plié squat (40 overhead, 40 in front of you, last 20 alternate between overhead and in front of you)
- Front punches w/ alternating knee raises (3 punches to each knee raise); changes to punching to one side while just raising one knee; end how you started w/ front punches w/ alternating knee raises
- In deep plié squat, tap elbows to thighs then DBs to ankles (alternate sides); changes to just elbows to thighs; changes to just DBs to ankles; ends the way it started alternating the two moves again
- Torso twists holding DBs near shoulders; changes to hinging forward while torso twisting; alternate between doing 10 reps of each version of the torso twists
- Arms in goal post, raise knees to side tapping elbow to thighs
- In straight arm plank, bring knee to outside of same side arm, alternate sides; changes to bringing knees to opposite elbows under body; changes to alternating between these two versions
- Sit in C curve and punch DBs overhead to opposite sides then down beside hips to opposite sides
- Knee tucks (in C sit with hands on mat behind you, pull knees in side to side–so you are rotating on hips side to side as you pull knees into chest); changes to staying on one hip and pulling one knee in; ends how it started w/ alternating sides
- Knee on mat with thighs together, arms in goal post, lean side to side bringing elbows to hips; changes to just leaning to one side; ends how it started, alternating sides
- Sit in C sit but with legs straight and arms/DBs in guard–rock hips side to side (rolling from one butt cheek to the other)