This is a great little lower body workout from Jessica Smith–and free on YouTube! I did it after doing one of Jessica’s 15 minute DVD cardio walks and it seemed like it actually worked my lower body very well. I was definitely getting some burn in my glutes. Peanut is there for the entire workout, passed out on the floor like a little white sausage. She even talks to you during the workout! (Little balloons with Peanut’s thoughts pop up on the screen during the workout.) Another great workout from Jessica!
Lower Body: Hips & Glutes Focus is 19 minutes; 6 minute warm up and no stretch. Jessica talks for the last minute. Equipment: chair and a sliding device (Jessica is just wearing socks and sliding on a hardwood floor; I used a sliding disk). Jessica only uses the chair for balance during the workout, but I also used it during the warm up.
- Slide back lunges using chair for balance
- In lunge, raise and lower knee to floor (still holding chair for balance)
- Raise back leg, bend knee and pulse/squeeze heel in toward glutes
- Repeat 1-3 on other leg
- Standing clamshell (open and close bent leg, bringing knees together then opening working leg out to side); add a small squat in standing leg when bringing knees together
- Knee bent and raised behind you, hinge forward at hips while pushing flexed foot to ceiling then straighten and raise knee in front of you
- Cross one ankle over knee and do one leg squats
- Repeat 5-7 on other leg