It’s been a while since I have posted a Yin Yoga review. But that doesn’t mean I haven’t been doing Yin Yoga. I have actually been focusing on two of Yoga Ranger‘s practices that have already been reviewed here: Yin Yoga for Full Shoulder Flexibility & Release and Yin Yoga for Leg Day. Yin Yoga for Full Shoulder Flexibility & Release was scheduled for this morning after Mobility RX, but I decided I needed to do something different. I am 2/3 of the way through Mark Lauren‘s 90 Day Challenge and I have been supplementing it with Mobility RX every single Sunday. I finish off my Mobility RX workout with Yin Yoga. My exercise ADD is in overdrive. I need something different somewhere in this long body weight rotation. So my Sunday Yin Yoga practices will start varying.
This morning I did Aprille Walker‘s Yin Yoga for Upper Body Tension Relief and I am really glad I did. I like this one even more than Yin Yoga for Full Shoulder Flexibility & Release. I did feel some tension relief while doing this. The subtitle for this is that it is for the chest, shoulders and upper body but this one actually hits the hips, too. Very nice yin yoga practice.
Yin Yoga for Upper Body Tension Relief is 29 minutes. No equipment is needed.
- Child’s pose w/ knees wide and heels together, hold for about 30 seconds
- Twisted child’s pose (this is similar to thread the needle except in child’s pose, so more comfortable), hold for 3 minutes
- Child’s pose (transitional pose)
- Repeat #2 on other side of body
- Sphinx pose for 2:30 minutes
- Seal pose for 1:30 minutes
- Cross arms on floor and rest forehead on hands, rock hips side to side (transitional pose)
- Banana pose for 3 minutes
- Corpse pose for 5 deep breaths (transitional pose)
- Repeat #8 on other side of body for 2:30 minutes
- Repeat #9
- Twisted roots for 2 minutes
- Lay on back with arms extended on floor in a T, knees bent and together, feet on floor and take 3 deep breaths (transitional pose)
- Repeat #12 on other side of body for 3 minutes
- Repeat #13
- Corpse pose for 1:30 minutes
- Still laying on back, extend arms overhead to stretch body
- End sitting cross-leg with a deep breath
For more info on Yoga Ranger and other (free) streaming workouts I’ve sampled and reviewed, check out my Streaming page.
One thought on “Yin AM: Yin Yoga for Upper Body Tension Relief”