Interval Power Walk/Jog was an intense little cardio interval workout from Jessica Smith! It is one of her free YouTube workouts. It seemed like it would be super easy at first, but Jessica times her intervals by songs and the songs are not short! So the high intensity intervals went on a long time! The intervals were not HIIT level but they were intense. I got a great workout.
This is a bit unusual for one of Jessica’s YouTube workouts. Jessica’s mom, Debbie, joins her. Debbie is frequently in Jessica’s DVD workouts but the only company Jessica ever has in her YouTube workouts is her French Bull Dog, Peanut. Just like in the DVDs, Debbie shows the easier versions of the exercises. A golden lab is present rather than Peanut. Her name is Megan and I am guessing she is Debbie’s dog. She shows up near the end of the workout. Her tail is wagging but she looks perplexed by what Jessica and Debbie are doing.
Interval Power Walk/Jog is 34 minutes; 5 minute warm up and 2:30 minute cool down. As already mentioned, Debbie is showing easier versions of all of the moves. I followed Jessica and I found it intense and high impact. But if you follow Debbie then it will be an easier, low impact workout.
- March 4 steps to each side
- March in place while twisting shoulders/torso side to side; add marching to side
- Forward V steps; continue doing the V steps but rotate into a circle as you do them
- Jog; add pushing arms overhead
- Jumping jacks
- Repeat #4 & 5
- Jog to the side, hop to change direction, jog back
- Repeat #6 & 7
- March forward and back with one foot
- March in place with backstroke arms; changes to pushing arms forward them pulling elbows back
- Hop on one foot while kicking the other one 3x, alternate sides (also pushing arms overhead)
- Repeat #11
- Squat jack + 2 hops; add traveling to side during the 2 hops
- Repeat #11 & 12
- Repeat #13 & 14
- Repeat #15; the hop kicks change to singles
- Repeat #16
- March in place
- Double side steps; add shoulder twists while pushing one hand down and to side; changes to double squat side steps
- Heel digs; add arcing arms overhead side to side
- Repeat #20
- Repeat #21
- Jog; add alternating front punches
- Scissor jacks
- Step hop w/ knee pull, bringing opposite elbow to knee
- Repeat #24
- Repeat #25 & 26
- Double hop jacks w/ quarter turns; changes to singles
For more info on JessicaSmithTV and other (free) streaming workouts I’ve sampled and reviewed, check out my Streaming page.