Back Stretches + Exercises // For Lower Back Pain is a relaxing workout to stretch out your spine. Unlike many of Heather Robertson’s other workouts, this workout is done voice over. The exercises are not timed and there are no graphics. As mentioned in the other back workout reviews I am posting today I decided to do an all Heather Robertson back workout. I created a folder/playlist specifically for this morning’s workouts and stacked the workouts I planned to do in the order I planned to do them so they played straight through from beginning to end. I started with her Sexy Back // Resistance Band Workout followed with The BEST Exercises to Target Back Fat. Then I did At Home Back Workout with Dumbbells and ended the everything with this relaxing spine focused stretch. Overall, it was an excellent back workout!
Back Stretches + Exercises // For Lower Back Pain is 11 minutes; 1 minute intro and the last 25 seconds is Heather talking.
- Lay on back with knees bent and feet on floor, alternate pulling one knee into chest
- Still laying on back with knees bent, raise feet off floor, place arms on ground beside head in cactus pose and drop knees to side of the body, alternate sides while keeping low back on floor when changing sides
- Slowly raise and lower hips in and out of bridge pose
- Still laying on back, extend one leg straight, bend other leg in to chest, then rotate bent leg out to opposite side of body (spinal twist)
- Sit up with one leg extended straight in front of you, other leg is bent and crossed over straight leg with foot on floor beside knee, twist torso to side, placing elbow against bent knee and looking over shoulder
- Sit cross-leg with hands on knees, round and arch spine (seated cat/cow)
- Still sitting cross leg, do a side bend stretch, reaching arm over
- Cat/cow (on all 4s)
- Downward facing dog
- Child’s pose w/ knees open wide and arms extended