At Home Back Workout with Dumbbells is the 3rd short back strength workout from Heather Robertson that I did this morning. As mentioned in the other back workout reviews I am posting today I decided to do an all Heather Robertson back workout. I created a folder/playlist specifically for this morning’s workouts and stacked the workouts I planned to do in the order I planned to do them so they played straight through from beginning to end. I started with her Sexy Back // Resistance Band Workout, followed with The BEST Exercises to Target Back Fat. Then I did this workout and ended the everything with her Back Stretches + Exercises. It is 4+ hours later and my back is still feeling this workout–in a good way!
Heather is using 10 pound dumbbells for every exercise in this workout. There are 6 different exercises that you will repeat once. These are not timed circuits. Instead you will be counting reps. There is a counter in the bottom left hand corner of the screen counting down your reps. The recovery isn’t timed either but while Heather is transitioning to the next exercise, a rectangle appears in the bottom left hand corner of the screen, previewing the next exercise.
At Home Back Workout with Dumbbells is 13:30 minutes; 1 minute intro. Equipment: dumbbells and a fitness mat. The dumbbells listed below are the weights I used. There is no talking during the workout, just music. Since I stacked these workouts, I already had my stability ball out from The BEST Exercises to Target Back Fat, so I used it for the Pull Overs (#3) and I had also just finished her Sexy Back // Resistance Band Workout, so my medium resistance band was still laying at the top of my fitness mat. I just used it for the V-Squeeze (#1) that same way it was used in Sexy Back.
- V Squeeze, 15 reps (lay on stomach with arms extended in front of you like superman, raise both arms and feet/legs and while raised, pull elbows back to ribs, push arms back to start and lower arms and legs) (medium tension resistance tube)
- Reverse flys, 15 reps (8# DBs)
- Pull Overs, 15 reps (one 30# DB)
- Alternating Bent Over Wide Rows, 10 reps (15# DBs)
- T. Y. I.’s, 5 reps (supermans but first with arms at T, next with arms at Y and last with arms straight ahead close together in I–that is one rep)
- Renegade Rows, 10 reps (20# DBs)
- 30 second rest
- Repeat #1-6