Sexy Back // Resistance Band Workout is strength workout from Heather Robertson that only uses a handled resistance tube. Since it is only 12 minutes long you can use it lots of ways. This morning I decided to do an all Heather Robertson back workout. I created a folder/playlist specifically for this morning’s workouts and stacked the workouts I planned to do in the order I planned to do them so they played straight through from beginning to end. I started with this workout as my back warm up. (Actually, I did her Low Impact Tabata workout as my warm up). I followed with The BEST Exercises to Target Back Fat. Next I did her At Home Back Workout with Dumbbells and finished everything off with her Back Stretches + Exercises. My back was well worked! And it still has a nice burn going on.
This workout is made up of 6 different exercises. Each exercise is done for 45 seconds with a 15 second recovery. There is a counter in the bottom right hand corner of the screen, counting down your interval. During the 15 second recovery between exercises, the next exercise is featured in a rectangle in the upper left hand corner of the screen along with a clock, counting down the 15 seconds.
I used 4 different resistance tubes for this workout. Two different levels of heavy tubes, a medium tube and a light tube. I know the equivalent weight of the two heavy bands I bought from Beachbody but I don’t know the equivalent weight for my medium and light tube.
Sexy Back // Resistance Band Workout is 13 minutes; 40 second into and last 20 seconds is Heather talking. There is no talking during the workout, just music. Equipment: resistance tubes with handles. Heather only uses one resistance band, but I used 4 different bands. The level of band I used for each exercise is noted below.
- Single arm row (in split stance with front foot on band, do a single arm row) (50 pound resistance tube)
- Repeat #1 on other arm
- Bent over row (stand on band with both feet, feet wider than hip width apart, hinge forward slightly and do a double arm row) (40 pound resistance tube)
- Lat pull down (hold band in both hands with about 1-2 feet of band between hands, raise band/arms overhead and pull band/arms down behind head, bending elbows and opening band out wide) (medium tube)
- Read delt flys (stand on band with feet close together, cross band, hinge forward and, with a handle in each hand, fly straight arms out to sides) (light tube)
- V squeeze (fold band in half and hold one end of folded band in each hand, lay on stomach with arms/band extended in front of you like superman, raise both arms and feet/legs and while raised, pull band back under head to chest while also pulling doubled band out wider, push band back to start and lower arms and legs) (medium tube)
- Repeat #1-6