At Home Cardio Workout // No Equipment is an interval cardio workout from Heather Robertson. It is not one of her low impact workouts–so there is lots of jumping. In fact, almost every move has impact. The title says no equipment but Heather uses a jump rope. It is only for one exercise and you can just pretend to jump rope. It’s not actually needed. There is no warm up, you just jump right into the workout.
The workout consists of 3 circuits of 5 exercises and each circuit is repeated (15 exercises total). Each exercises is done for 45 seconds with a 15 second recovery. During the 15 second recovery the next exercise is featured in a small rectangle in the bottom left hand corner of the screen. There is a counter in the bottom right hand corner of the screen, counting down your intervals and recoveries.
None of the exercises are complicated or hard to perform, but as mentioned, most are high impact. I got a great cardio workout. I burned 276 calories in 30 minutes.
At Home Cardio Workout // No Equipment is 31:30 minutes; 50 second intro and the last 30 seconds is Heather talking. No warm up or cool down/stretch. Heather uses a jump rope but you can pretend if you don’t have one.
- Lateral hops
- Butt Kicks
- Jumping Jacks
- Side lunge hops (alternating side lunges with a hop as you change sides)
- Jump Rope
- Repeat #1-5
- 20 second rest
- Shuffle Hop (shuffle 2 steps to side + one hop)
- Mountain Climbers
- Squat + Punch (air squats with an alternating front punch at top)
- Frogger (start in straight arm plank, jump both feet in to hands, bending knees and lowering them so knees nearly touch the floor then jumping feet back out to plank)
- High Knee Run
- Repeat #8-12
- 20 second rest
- Lateral Speed Skaters
- Pop Squats (squat jacks, tapping the floor with fingertips when squatting)
- Inchworm Burpees (start standing, forward fold and walk hands out so you are in plank, jump feet into hands, stand, jump, return hands to ground, jump feet back out to plank, walk hands back to feet, stand and jump)
- Power Jacks (squat jacks with jack arms, reaching arms toward the ground on either side of feet when in squat)
- Knee Tuck Combo (plank moguls to each side then jump feet into hands, stand and do one jumping jack)
- Repeat #15-19
For more info on Heather Robertson’s workouts and other (free) streaming workouts I’ve sampled and reviewed, check out my Streaming page.