15 Minute Calming Yoga for Stress Relief and Anxiety is a feel good yoga flexibility routine from Sara Beth. Sara leads you through some deep poses and most poses are held for approximately one minute. There are no complicated or advanced poses in this practice. I like the length of this practice because it can be used in lots of ways. You could tack it on to the end of an intense strength or cardio workout, or you can use it like I did–to finish off another, more active mobility workout on my recovery/rest day.
15 Minute Calming Yoga for Stress Relief and Anxiety is 16 minutes. The actual workout is 15 minutes; the last minute is Sara talking about one of her other practices. Equipment: fitness mat. Optional: yoga block.
- Lay on your stomach on your mat in a relaxed position, arms at sides, palms facing ceiling
- Child’s pose
- Downward facing dog
- Pigeon pose (Sara uses a yoga block to rest her forehead on)
- Repeat #3
- Repeat #4 on other side of body
- Kneel on mat, glutes on heels, hands on thighs, eyes closed
- Seated forward fold
- Lay on back, knees bent and pulled into chest with hands on shins
- Lying spinal twist
- Repeat #9 pulling forehead into knees this time
- Corpse pose for 2:15 minutes
- Sit cross-leg, hands in prayer and eyes closed, take 3 deep breaths