10 Min Total Body HIIT Workout is Day 21 in Heather Robertson‘s Daily 10 Series, which is a series of 10 minute workouts that Heather uploaded every day in the month of November. This is probably the last of her Daily 10 workouts that I will be doing/reviewing. If you would like to see all of Heather’s Daily 10 workouts I have reviewed, here is the list. This is a body weight strength workout. The title says it is total body body but I did not find that to be true. However it is a great little finisher to add on to the end of another workout to give yourself a burst of body weight strength + cardio. I am in the final week of my 7 Week Rotation and it is all body weight workouts. So this worked perfectly as a finisher for today’s scheduled workout, Heather’s 30 Minute Low Impact HIIT, which is a body weight strength workout that is total body. Though no exercises are repeated in this workout, 30 Minute Low Impact HIIT also includes Bear Plank & Taps–so I had to do that exercise 3 times this morning, and it is probably my least favorite exercise in both workouts! Other than that, all of the exercises are different in some manner. They both have crab dips but they are done differently in this workout. Anyway, the point is, this is a great body weight strength + cardio finisher that works really well with other body weight strength workouts–particularly the one I paired it with this morning.
10 Min Total Body HIIT Workout is 10:38 minutes; no warm up or stretch. Equipment: fitness mat. All of the exercises are done interval style: 40 seconds of work followed by 20 seconds of rest. There is a timer in the lower right hand corner of the screen, counting down your intervals and recoveries. During the recoveries Heather previews the next exercise. This is not a low impact workout.
- Crab dips (while in crab, do one tricep dip then raise one leg and tap toe with opposite hand, repeat on other hand/leg with a tricep dip between each side)
- Stand ups (start in high kneeling on mat with hands behind head, step forward into kneeling lunge with one foot, step the other foot forward so you are in squat, straighten/stand, then lower back into squat and step one foot back into kneeling lunge then step other foot back so you are back in starting position of high kneeling, alternate lead leg)
- T-push ups (one push up then rotate into side plank, reaching top arm to ceiling, alternate sides with one push up between each side plank)
- 1.5 sumo squat (lower to bottom of squat, raise halfway, lower back to bottom of squat, raise all the way)
- Walking plank (alternate straight arm plank with forearm plank)
- Pop squat (squat jacks, tapping one hand to floor while in squat)
- Curtsy squat hop (alternating curtsy lunges with a hop squat between sides)
- Bear plank & tap (in bear pose (on hands and toes, with knees bent and elevated a few inches off the floor), alternate tapping hand to opposite shoulder)
- Flying frog (jump squats tapping fingers to floor while in squat and opening arms out to sides in a T when jumping)
- Up & out jacks (one jumping jack + jack the legs while reaching both arms from in front of you to overhead with hands stacked)