10 Min Total Body HIIT Workout is Day 21 in Heather Robertson‘s Daily 10 Series, which is a series of 10 minute workouts that Heather uploaded every day in the month of November. This is probably the last of her Daily 10 workouts that I will be doing/reviewing. If you would like to see all of Heather’s Daily 10 workouts I have reviewed, here is the list. This is a body weight strength workout. The title says it is total body body but I did not find that to be true. However it is a great little finisher to add on to the end of another workout to give yourself a burst of body weight strength + cardio. I am in the final week of my 7 Week Rotation and it is all body weight workouts. So this worked perfectly as a finisher for today’s scheduled workout, Heather’s 30 Minute Low Impact HIIT, which is a body weight strength workout that is total body. Though no exercises are repeated in this workout, 30 Minute Low Impact HIIT also includes Bear Plank & Taps–so I had to do that exercise 3 times this morning, and it is probably my least favorite exercise in both workouts! Other than that, all of the exercises are different in some manner. They both have crab dips but they are done differently in this workout. Anyway, the point is, this is a great body weight strength + cardio finisher that works really well with other body weight strength workouts–particularly the one I paired it with this morning.
10 Min Total Body HIIT Workout is 10:38 minutes; no warm up or stretch. Equipment: fitness mat. All of the exercises are done interval style: 40 seconds of work followed by 20 seconds of rest. There is a timer in the lower right hand corner of the screen, counting down your intervals and recoveries. During the recoveries Heather previews the next exercise. This is not a low impact workout.
- Crab dips (while in crab, do one tricep dip then raise one leg and tap toe with opposite hand, repeat on other hand/leg with a tricep dip between each side)
- Stand ups (start in high kneeling on mat with hands behind head, step forward into kneeling lunge with one foot, step the other foot forward so you are in squat, straighten/stand, then lower back into squat and step one foot back into kneeling lunge then step other foot back so you are back in starting position of high kneeling, alternate lead leg)
- T-push ups (one push up then rotate into side plank, reaching top arm to ceiling, alternate sides with one push up between each side plank)
- 1.5 sumo squat (lower to bottom of squat, raise halfway, lower back to bottom of squat, raise all the way)
- Walking plank (alternate straight arm plank with forearm plank)
- Pop squat (squat jacks, tapping one hand to floor while in squat)
- Curtsy squat hop (alternating curtsy lunges with a hop squat between sides)
- Bear plank & tap (in bear pose (on hands and toes, with knees bent and elevated a few inches off the floor), alternate tapping hand to opposite shoulder)
- Flying frog (jump squats tapping fingers to floor while in squat and opening arms out to sides in a T when jumping)
- Up & out jacks (one jumping jack + jack the legs while reaching both arms from in front of you to overhead with hands stacked)
For more info on Heather Robertson’s workouts and other (free) streaming workouts I’ve sampled and reviewed, check out my Streaming page.
4 thoughts on “DAY 21 // THE DAILY10: 10 Min Total Body HIIT Workout”
Did you see that Heather announced a 12-week cardio/strength based program? Ugh, now I will be REALLY conflicted because I’ll have too many choices between Heather, Caroline and Naomi! 🤨☺️
Yes, I did see that. So many workouts, so little time. My January is stacked. I am sure I will swap out some workouts with Naomi Joy workout if she creates any long rebounder cardio + strength workouts but otherwise, all of these new workouts will have to wait until February. It’s exciting though! So much fun ahead in 2022!
Heya! I hope your holiday break has been good so far!
Today I did Heather’s Fierce Day 13 (abs/planks), Caroline’s recent ankle weight glutes that you did the other day and back to Heather’s Daily 10 Day 13 HiiT as a cardio finisher.
The abs workout was just okay. She uses a weight to make the first section a little more difficult (I used 10 lb, not sure what she was using). I just didn’t find it to be very fun and it wasn’t a hard workout for almost 30 min so I probably won’t do it again.
Caroline’s glute workout was a burner, just as you said it would be. I went shoeless in anticipation of the burn. I found an old pair of Cathe ankle weights that were 2.5lb so they worked nicely. About 1/3 the way in my knees were hurting so I doubled up my mat and that helped. (Should have done that from the beginning in hindsight … 🙄).
The HiiT finisher was a great cardio burst to end the workout. It was a perfect complement to everything I did before. I think Heather really hit the sweet spot with those short workouts because they are so versatile. I mean, they are short enough where you can shoehorn them in pretty much any day to finish off whatever exercise hole you may have. I know I will be returning to them time and again. ☺️
I have no plans to do Heather’s Abs/Planks Fierce 14. Looking at my January rotation I only plan to do 11 of the 14–and I remember that one did not interest me. Tt looks like I was right! And kudos to you for being able to make it through Caroline’s entire workout with 2.5 pounds–you are tougher than me! I really like Heather’s Daily 10 workouts, too. They really are the perfect length to be used in so many different ways.