This is only the second workout by Kathrin of Fitness_kaykay I have done. I had intended to a lot more of her workouts and I do not know what happened/why I never did more. What has brought me back to her is my need for more mobility based workouts and she has quite a few. This is a really nice mobility and dynamic flexibility workout. Kathrin works your total body. Some of the moves are more strenuous than others. I had just finished 30 Minute Mobility & Stability by FitSevenEleven, which was quite strenuous, so I was already sweating when I came to this workout. This workout took it down a notch (thankfully, since it is my recovery day!) but still worked me nicely.
This workout is done interval style: 40 seconds of work followed by 10 seconds of rest. There is a timer in the upper right hand corner of the screen counting down intervals and recoveries. Kathrin previews the next move during the recovery. There is a progress bar in the upper left hand corner of the screen counting down total workout time as a percentage.
25 Min Full Body Mobility Workout is 25:34 minutes. Equipment: fitness mat.
- Unfolding peace (deep sumo squat, when you raise out of squat, raise arms overhead)
- Spinal wave (forward fold, rolling spine as you lower into forward fold and rolling spine again as you return to standing)
- Easy forward fold (legs are wider than hips, forward fold, arms crossed with hands holding elbows, do little bounces while moving torso from one side to the other)
- Dynamic wrists (stand on mat and raise straight arms in front of you with wrists bent down, when arms are overhead reverse the motion, lowering straight arms with wrists/palms flexed)
- Walk out cobra (stand at end of mat, fold forward and walk hands out to plank, lower legs to mat so you are in cobra, hold briefly then return to plank and walk hands back to feet and straighten)
- Dynamic hip opener (start in plank and step one foot up next to same side hand so you are in deep lunge, step back to plank and repeat on other leg)
- Cat-cow rotation (on hands and knees, circle torso/spine so back goes from rounded to arched)
- Deep lunge elbow opener (in deep kneeling lunge, place one hand behind head (same side hand as front leg), open elbow/chest looking up to ceiling then lower elbow and tap the mat beside insole)
- Runner’s stretch (knee on one leg with other leg stretched straight in front of you, heel on mat, hinge torso over leg)
- Repeat #8 & 9 on other side of body
- 90/90 fold (sit on mat with knees bent and feet on mat, arms are extended in front of you, rotate both knees to one side until they are both on the mat in pretzel then hinge torso over legs in a stretch, alternate sides)
- Child’s pose
- Child’s pose wave (start in child’s pose then flow into up dog)
- Wrist and ankle lean (on hands and knees with toes on mat and hands under chest, flow forward into a cobra variation that stretches the wrist then push glutes back to heels to stretch feet/ankles)
- Sit back circles one side (both knees and one hand are on mat, other arm does large shoulder circles, opening chest and looking at ceiling at top of circle)
- Repeat #15 on other side of body
- Feet mobility (on hands and knees with toes on mat and hands close to knees, shift glutes back to heels raising knees off mat then return to start)
- Dynamic feet stretch (kneel on mat with tops of feet flat on mat and glutes on heels, lean torso back with hands on mat behind hips and raise knees off mat, return to start)
- Bear crawl (on hands and toes with knees bent and hovering a few inches off mat, crawl forward the length of the mat and back)
- Downward dog wave (flow between downward facing dog and upward dog)
- Pigeon pose
- Repeat #21 on other leg
- Sumo shifts (lower into deep sumo squat and shift hips/glutes side to side)
- Straddle side bend (stand with legs wide, slide one hand down same side leg while reaching other arm overhead to other side of body)
- Repeat #24 on other side of body
- Supported alt side lunge stretch (hold deep side lunge briefly, staying low, shift into side lunge on other side of body)
- Deep squat (hold a deep squat with glutes lower than knees)
- Dynamic butterfly (sit in butterfly pose and bounce knees up and down)
- Comfy seat neck circles (sit on glutes with legs open wide and hands behind hips, roll head side to side)
For more info on Fitness KayKay workouts and other (free) streaming workouts I’ve sampled and reviewed, check out my Streaming page.
4 thoughts on “Fitness KayKay: 25 MIN FULL BODY MOBILITY WORKOUT | Follow Along | No Equipment | Recovery”
I have done a few of Kathrin’s and love them. I am basically all HR now and have a hard time now with anyone who talks, so was excited to find Kaykay. Most of her workouts are too advanced and/or long for me, but I’ve found a few gems and am excited to try the one you just posted so thank you!
LikeLiked by 1 person
I was interested in her strength workouts at one time but that was also when I first discovered Caroline and now she dominates my strength work. So I never did do any, but I do like the look of her mobility/flexibility workouts. And I agree. The talking can get irritating. I don’t mind when it is form or cuing related but just talking unrelated to the workout? That irritates me. There is one trainer, CDornnerFitness, who has been recommended to me by so many readers. Every time I attempt one of her workouts her constant non-workout related chatter makes me turn it off. But Sunday, I am doing one of her mobility workouts. We’ll see if I can get through it!
I did that mobility workout today and although I had to modify a few segments because of stiffness I got through it enjoyably. Kaykay has such a nice vibe and her videos are so well produced, I keep looking for ones that are within my ability!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Yes, I really like her workouts that I have done so far. One day I will try her strength workouts but her flexibility/mobility workouts have been excellent.