Dynamic Stretch is a flowing active yoga routine. I really, really enjoyed this. I have been doing a lot of Jessica‘s stretching and yoga routines lately and I do like them a lot but they are pretty gentle. I like that this one is a bit more aggressive. Now, it’s definitely not an aggressive yoga routine so do not misunderstand. I am comparing this to Jessica’s other stretching/yoga routines I have been doing and this is much more active. The stretches are deeper and you are flowing between poses. It felt so good this morning. I did a long Barlates Yoga Fusion workout this morning (review will post in a few weeks) which was actually a very intense and challenging body weight strength workout. So finishing it off with this deep and flowing yoga series was the perfect way to finish out my workout this morning. I liked this one a lot and will definitely be returning to it.
Dynamic Stretch is 23 minutes long.
- With legs wide stretch arms overhead then lower into plie, round back and wrap arms around opposite shoulders, rounding back.
- Flow in and out of triangle pose. Wide leg forward fold then rotate torso, placing one hand on the floor while reaching the other hand to the ceiling.
- Lunge side to side, still folded forward w/ arms out straight to sides; add airplane arms (reaching hand to opposite foot as you continue lunging side to side).
- Hold side lunge and place opposite hand on floor beside bent leg, reaching other hand to ceiling and hold for a few seconds then rotate body into a regular runners lunge but w/ arm still extended toward the ceiling and looking up toward ceiling
- Bring both hands to floor and drop back knee to floor and push forward, stretching hip flexor; push back into pyramid stretch; flow between these two stretches
- Repeat #3-5 on other side of body
- Hold wide leg forward fold, gripping opposite elbows and swaying torso side to side
- Standing, do deep breathes while reaching overhead then bring hands to small of back and arch spine
- Rotating chair pose
- Alternating front lunges, rotating torso to side w/ arms stretched wide and overhead
- Alternate extending legs straight in front of you
- Sweep leg forward and back; crescent knees
- Walking quad stretches (2 steps forward and 2 steps back; on the two steps forward, pull leg up behind you and on the 2 steps back, pull knee into chest)
- Forward fold into plank into down dog into 3 leg dog into pigeon pose
- Flow between cobra and plank
- Tricep stretch and plie squat w/ crunch (bringing elbow that is behind head down to opposite knee while squatting in plie)
- Flow in and out of reverse/twisting triangle pose
- In split stance, round forward bringing hips in to stretch hip flexor then reach arms overhead while pressing back heel to floor stretching calf
- Repeat 17 & 18 on other side of body
- Deep breaths w/ overhead reaching
For more info on JessicaSmithTV and other (free) streaming workouts I’ve sampled and reviewed, check out my Streaming page.
One thought on “JessicaSmithTV: Dynamic Stretch”