Outer Thighs is part of Linda Wooldridge’s 100 Rep Challenge series. She has 10 workouts in this series (here is her 100 Rep Challenge play list so you can view them all). You can also buy the entire series on DVD (which I have now done). The idea behind these workouts is that you do 100 reps of each exercise in the workout. There are 10 exercises, so each workout actually contains 1,000 reps!
OMG–100 reps of outer thigh work was excruciating! Torture! Unlike many of her other 100 Rep Challenge workouts, nothing varies in this workout–you do 100 straight reps of the same exercise with no variations. It is not fun and it hurts. Serious burnout. I usually enjoy Linda’s burnout workouts but I do not feel compelled to return to this one. That does not mean it is not effective. Very effective. My outer thighs felt bruised afterwards! But it was very difficult to get through.
Outer Thighs is 23 minutes long. No warm up and 2:30 minute stretch. No equipment needed except a mat.
- Lay on side, knees bent and in front of body, extend top leg straight in line w/ body and do circles
- Extend top leg straight in line w/ body (bottom leg still bent) then extend further behind you and in this position, raise and lower leg
- Bring knee of top leg to floor in front of bottom leg (which is still bent) then press top leg out behind you
- Both knees are bent in front of you again, keeping toes together, raise feet off floor, keeping bottom knee touching floor, and open and close top knee; after 50 reps continue the same same move but toes lower to floor
- Same position (both knees bent in front of body), raise leg and tap top knee to bottom knee while raising top toe, then tap top toe to bottom toe while raising top knee (so knee to knee, toe to toe combo)
- Repeat 1-5 on other leg
For more info on Barlates and other (free) streaming workouts I’ve sampled and reviewed, check out my Streaming page.