I love ABBA, so when YouTube recommended this workout to me, I needed to try it. It is by a new-to-me YouTube fitness channel called Up to the BEat Fit. This cardio walk is led by Gina B. She is in Sydney, Australia. I loved this little walk. It is 14 minutes long, set to great ABBA music, entirely low impact but it moves! Not super intense, but for a low impact walk, it was pretty vigorous. And Gina B is so cute. She has lots of energy and she is very encouraging. Since this workout is only 14 minutes, I followed it up with another walk from Gina B: Get 2000 Steps/Fat Burning Walk–another fun walk with great music. I think I’ve found another winner for my doubles workouts!
One Mile ABBA Walk is 14 minutes. No warm up. All of these moves are repeated many times but I am only listing them once. There are arm movements with most moves even if they are not listed.
- High knee march in place
- March in place and alternate pushing arms overhead then to the side
- Double side steps to each side + 4 single side steps; add punching arms to side when double side stepping and arm circles when doing single side steps
- March forward and back while punching arms overhead and to the side
- March 3 steps to side + 2 single side steps
- Side to side lunges while alternating punching arms down
- Double side steps while punching to side
- March forward while pushing arms forward, march backwards while pushing arms overhead
- Step forward, triple step to change lead legs and step forward with other foot
- Cross-over step, triple step, cross-over step with other foot
- Alternating knee raises; changes to double knee raises
- 3 steps forward + knee raise, 3 steps backward + knee raise
- Step back + chasse, step back other side + chasse + 4 alternating front taps
- Do #13 but march forward and back on an diagonal, then to the front, then on a diagonal in the other direction
For more info on Gina B‘s YouTube workouts and other (free) streaming workouts I’ve sampled and reviewed, check out my Streaming page.
3 thoughts on “1 Mile Disco Boogie to ABBA”
She has an 80s one too – so fun!
LikeLiked by 1 person
I definitely plan to try more of her dance walks! They are a lot of fun.