Naomi Joy has created another, slightly shorter stretching workout. Her other one is 10 Min Daily Stretching Routine (which is actually 11 minutes). I love that routine. This one is also wonderful and a little bit shorter, which makes it perfect to add onto the end of a strength or cardio workout. This one is more lower body focused whereas her 10 minute one is more total body. That worked perfectly for me the first time I did this routine because I used it to finish off a long and tough lower body workout. This is a full body stretch; it just hits the lower body thoroughly. This routine is also set outdoors. Naomi is on a pier with her yoga mat. Water is behind her and the city behind that. People are out kayaking on the water. Beautiful, relaxing scenery. This session is done voice over and set to relaxing music. I adore Naomi’s rebounder workouts but I am also loving her wonderful stretch routines.
7 Min Stretching Session is 7:22 minutes.
- Clasp hands behind back, hinge forward, forehead to knees and arms reaching up to the sky
- Still on all 4s, do spinal circles, circling torso/spine to side, down (arching back), to other side, the round back
- Downward facing dog
- Raise one leg into 3 leg dog and hold briefly, then step that leg forward into a wide kneeling lunge; place same side hand as front leg behind head and twist torso, reaching elbow to sky and opening chest, then lower elbow to tap the mat beside front foot
- Still in kneeling lunge, place same side hand as front leg on floor beside foot and reach other arm to sky
- Repeat #4
- Repeat #5 & 6 on other side of body
- Cobra pose
- Downward facing dog, raise one leg, bending knee and opening hip
- Pigeon pose
- Repeat #10 & 11 on other side of body
- Downward facing dog, pedaling feet
- Seated forward fold with legs extended in front of you
- Sitting cross-leg, do a side stretch, reaching arm overhead and to other side
- Neck stretches
For more info on Naomi Joy Fitness and other (free) streaming workouts I’ve sampled and reviewed, check out my Streaming page.
5 thoughts on “Naomi Joy Fitness: 7 Min Stretching Session”
So important loved this!
LikeLiked by 1 person