10 Min Daily Stretching Routine / Yoga Stretch is feel good stretch from Naomi Joy. She creates primarily excellent rebounder workouts but she also has a few stretching workouts. I’ve done all of her short ones (10 minutes or less) but have not reviewed them here. I enjoy this one so much that I decided this one needed to be reviewed (the others may also be reviewed eventually). The setting for this workout is a park full of Cherry Blossom trees. Naomi does the flexibility routine underneath a beautiful tree in full bloom. Pretty lanterns are also hanging from the branches. Not only is it a deep and feel good stretch but the setting is aesthetically relaxing. The workout is done voice over and set to relaxing music. I have used this stretching routine several ways. I have used it to finish off a tough strength or cardio workout and I have also used it as a fitness break during my work day.
10 Min Daily Stretching Routine / Yoga Stretch is 10:53 minutes. Equipment: fitness mat.
- Deep breaths, reaching arms overhead and pushing them down in front of you; interlace palms and extend both arms overhead
- Cross left leg in front of the right, extend the left arm overhead into a side bend
- Repeat #2 on other side of body
- Stand with legs wide, clasp hands behind back and fold forward, reaching arms to ceiling
- You are still in wide leg forward fold, place one hand on the floor and extend other arm to ceiling, looking up toward hand
- Still in wide leg forward fold, lean toward one leg, hands wrapped around ankle/calf
- Deep side lunge (one leg straight, the other leg bent) with one hand on mat between legs; rotate toe of straight leg toward the sky, flexing foot
- Step back into kneeling lunge on mat; reach one arm overhead and do a side stretch; shift hips back, straightening front leg and placing hands on either side of front leg to stretch the hamstring
- Pyramid pose
- Step back into runners lunge, place one hand on floor beside front foot and extend other arm to ceiling, rotating torso to look up at hand
- Repeat 8-10 on other side of body
- Forward fold with legs hip width apart, hands clasp opposite elbow and rock arms/upper body side to side
- Standing now, do large arm/shoulder circles
- Reach both arms behind back, hands clasping opposite elbows at small of back, tilt head to side to stretch the neck