30 Min Pumping Cardio Workout is yet another non-EPIC program workout from Caroline Girvan. She has a lot of workouts! However, she does not have many cardio workouts, so I am trying to give the ones I find a try. This is similar to her other two cardio workouts I’ve done recently: 30 Min LISS and Constant Cardio. This one actually includes impact whereas the other two were low impact workouts. I still think Constant Cardio was the most intense of the 3 but this was another great cardio workout. Just like the other two, this is a no repeat workout which keeps things interesting and fun. I used Caroline’s Cardio & HIIT Warm Up this morning, which is more intense than her other warm ups, and I ended this workout with a long stretch by Naomi Joy: 10 Min Daily Stretching Routine. Overall it was a great 55 minute workout. I burned a total of 366 calories. From the graph on my FitBit, most of that was during this workout.
Each exercise is done for 45 seconds with no rests/recoveries. There is a timer in the upper left hand side of the screen, counting down each 45 seconds. When there is approx. 8 seconds left, a video appears in the upper right hand corner of the screen, previewing the next exercise. There is also a little bar at the bottom of the screen that counts down the entire workout time as a percentage. All 3 of Caroline’s cardio workouts mentioned in this review include core work throughout the workouts–both plank based moves and supine core work, but this workout has all of the supine core work at the very end.
30 Min Pumping Cardio Workout is 34 minutes; 40 second intro, no warm up and 2 minute stretch. Equipment: fitness mat.
- Jumping jacks
- Walk out side to planks (start standing, hinge forward, walk hands out to plank, rotate into side plank in each direction, walk hands back into feet and stand)
- Alt hand to floor squat jumps (squat jacks, one hand taps the floor while in squat, alternate hands)
- Heel taps (butt kicks runs, hands are held at glutes so heels tap hands rather than butt)
- Single knee drive jump (balance on one leg, swing other leg behind you then raise knee in front of you while also hopping on other foot)
- Repeat #5 on other side of body
- Alt rear step lunges (alternating reverse lunges)
- Crouch to push up (start in straight arm plank, do one push up and at top of push up, push glutes back to heels, keeping knees elevated off floor)
- Plank to alt foot tap (start in straight arm plank, push back into pike while tapping one hand to opposite foot, alternate sides returning to plank between each side)
- Rotate punch (alternating side punches)
- Alt lateral lunge (stationary side lunges, alternate sides)
- 3 point lunge (front lunge to side lunge to reverse lunge–all on same leg)
- Repeat #13 on other leg
- Alternating lunge jumps
- Push up to ladder (do one push up then lower into elbow/forearm plank, return to straight arm plank)
- Sprawl (start standing, squat and place hands on floor, jump feet back to plank, jump feet back into hands and stand)
- Soft squat jumps (squat jumps but you are barely lifting your feet off the ground)
- Curtsy to X over curtsy (rear curtsy/cross-back lunge into front curtsy/cross-over lunge–all on same leg)
- Repeat #19 on other leg
- Lunge hand tap to knee jump (deep reverse lunge, tapping one hand to floor into a front knee raise, hopping when raising knee)
- Repeat #21 on other side of body
- Skipping rope (sans rope)
- Hands off burpees (full burpee but instead of a push up, lower body all the way to floor then raise hands off floor, place hands back on floor and push up to plank to finish burpee)
- Squat to alternating straight front leg raise
- Drop squats (squat jacks w/ no arms)
- Reverse alf foot reach (in crab, raise one leg and tap foot with opposite hand, alternate sides)
- Kick throughs (in straight arm plank, kick one leg under body, rotating torso and raising opposite hand off floor, alternate sides)
- Sumo squat to toes (legs wide, lower into sumo squat and at top of squat, raise onto toes)
- Alt marches w/ clap under (alternating straight leg raise, clap hands under thigh when it raises)
- Plank tuck to push up (in straight arm plank, jump feet in under body, jump feet back out to plank and do one push up)
- Plank jack
- Skier to toes (with legs close together, squat while swinging arms down and behind you, when you stand, swing arms overhead and raise onto toes)
- Lunge pivots (start in lunge and while keeping legs wide, pivot side to side, lowering into lunge after each pivot)
- Deadstop mountain climbers (pause each time you change legs)
- Hollow to V sit (lay on mat, extend arms straight overhead a few inches off the floor and legs straight a few inches of the floor, raise torso and bring knees into chest, tapping fingers to heels)
- Bicycle maneuver
- Straight leg bicycles (same as #37 but scissor straight legs)
- Reverse crunch (lay on back, arms on floor at sides, extend legs out straight in line with body, a few inches off the floor, bend knees, pulling them into chest and raise hips off mat)
- High knee skip
For more info on Caroline Girvan’s workouts and other (free) streaming workouts I’ve sampled and reviewed, check out my Streaming page.
4 thoughts on “30 MIN PUMPING CARDIO WORKOUT | Full Body – No Equipment at Home”
I didn’t do this one but I did what I think is another companion to this mini-series and that’s 30 min cool cardio. It has the same format as the other (45 sec and no rest in between). I thought it was a great low impact workout but with these I found myself consistently listing about 10s at the start of each exercise resetting from the last one and trying to figure out what she was doing for the next. No biggie, just that I’d rather she pitch it as 40/10 or something like that. Still liked it though. I started with Heather’s Killer Kettlebell (the one you did the other day). That was a good warmup to Caroline.
LikeLiked by 1 person
I agree. I think even giving us a 5 second recovery would be adequate. It’s not a problem for me when standing exercise follows standing exercise but when I am in plank I will keep craning my neck to see what’s next. I already have neck problems so that doesn’t help!