10 Minute Deep Stretch Yoga for Hips | Extra Long Half Pigeon Stretches is a yin yoga practice from Sara Beth to really stretch out your hips. I really needed this short but deep practice this morning. My body is sore from week of Caroline Girvan‘s Beastmode workouts and this really worked some of my hip soreness out. Plus if felt really good. I combined it with Sara’s 20 Minute Full Body Morning Yoga Stretch | Sunrise Yoga, giving me approximately 30 minutes of deep, feel good stretching. Because this is yin yoga, you hold the pose for a long time. It is not super comfortable but the use of the bolster makes it feel so much better than if you were holding the pose without it.
10 Minute Deep Stretch Yoga for Hips | Extra Long Half Pigeon Stretches is 11:15 minutes. The practice is actually 10 minutes; the last 1:15 minutes is Sara talking about another yoga workout. Equipment: fitness mat and a bolster.
- Table top (hands and knees)
- Supported half pigeon for 3 minutes (pigeon pose but upper body is resting on bolster–see picture)
- Repeat #1
- Repeat #2 on other side of body
- Repeat #1
- Supported child’s pose (legs are wide and upper body is resting on bolster)
- Sit cross-leg with hands in prayer