20 Min Rebounding Circuit for Fatigue & Low Energy Days is a low intensity beginner level rebounder workout from SanFran Fitness and it was exactly what I needed today. I was on my feet all day yesterday–literally. And since I have 2 plates and 12 screws in both of my heels, it crippled me. So this morning I was doing nothing intense. I had to take pain meds to even do this workout! Luckily there are no complicated or intense exercises in this workout but it will give you some light cardio. I have a T bar on my rebounder that I rarely use but I am always glad I have it for days like this. This morning I had to use it several times. I am grateful for workouts like this. Just because I trash my heels doesn’t mean I have to sit out of a workout. Clare has created several of these gentler workouts that are perfect for my “bad feet days.” I used this workout to warm myself up before doing some yoga and this did the trick. It warmed me up very nicely. By the time we got to the dynamic warrior 2 pose (#16 below) I was able to do it with little problem. At the beginning of the workout that would have been impossible for my feet but the meds had kicked in plus this workout had my feet all warmed up.
This workout is done interval-style; each exercise is done for 30 seconds followed by 30 seconds of active recovery. During the recovery you can do whatever you want but Clare shift hops side to side (I did, too). There is a timer in the lower right hand corner of the screen, counting down your intervals. During the recovery Clare previews the next exercise.
20 Min Rebounding Circuit for Fatigue & Low Energy Days is 23:21 minutes; 1:10 minute intro, 1 minute warm up and 1 minute cool down. Clare has the stability bar on her rebounder and holds onto it near the end for balance.
- Step touch side to side
- Double tap to front, alternate legs (double tap = tap one foot forward 2x)
- Keep legs wide and do a slow basic bounce side to side reaching one arm overhead and to the side
- 4 bounces with legs wide + 4 bounces with legs together
- Knee raises to single-single-double pattern
- Double jack the legs, arms reach out to sides in a T when legs are wide and cross in front of body when legs are together
- Alternating heel digs, arms are raised to shoulder level and held there isometrically, bend elbows side to side
- Diamond jacks (jumping jacks but arms move from thighs out to sides in a T then overhead then back out to sides in a T then back to thighs, each part of the arm movement is in time with the legs jacking)
- Scissor run the legs with lat pull down arms
- Shift twist side to side, arms swing windshield wiper style 4x in front of thighs and 4x overhead
- Alternating hamstring curls, arms push overhead 2x then pull back behind you 2x
- Jack the legs, arms are in goal post/cactus, bring arms together in front of body so palms/forearms/elbows touch then push arms upward
- Split jacks (jack legs, one arm raises in front of you while other arm raises to side)
- Cross jack the legs, arms are raised to shoulder level with elbows bent, cross the arms in front of you then pull elbows back
- Fast feet, arms reach out to sides and overhead
- Warrior 2 (get into warrior 2 with back foot on floor and front/bent leg on rebounder, shift deeper into warrior lunge and pulse 2x
- Repeat #16 on other side of body
- Wide pulsing plie squats on the rebounder, arms flow up and down like wings
- Alternating side leg lifts
- Lift one leg straight behind you and pulse 2x, alternate legs
For more info on SanFran Fitness and other (free) streaming workouts I’ve sampled and reviewed, check out my Streaming page.