High Intensity Dumbbell HIIT Cardio Workout is Day 10 in Caroline Girvan‘s Beastmode series. This was a tough workout! Caroline kicked my butt! Make sure you warm up well because she hits you hard from the first exercise–4 sets of dumbbell burpees. Because this is a HIIT cardio workout (High Intensity interval Training) Caroline moves fast through the exercises, so you cannot use heavy dumbbells. She used 13 pound dumbbells for everything, which is light for her. I also used 13 pounds for most of the exercises but for a few of the exercises I had to use lighter dumbbells in order to keep pace with her. And exercise #7 in the breakdown below–I am not capable of lifting 13 pound dumbbells for that exercise. Caroline was obviously capable but even she was hitting burn out by the last set. BTW–this follows the Beastmode workout structure: 4 sets of every exercise. This is a total body workout but it is shoulder and lower body heavy. My shoulders were super fatigued by the end of this workout. I did an extended stretch afterward (by another trainer). It started stretching out the upper body and my shoulders felt too fatigued to hold my arms up for the stretches! This is an excellent dumbbell HIIT workout though. Very intense. I used Caroline’s 9 minute Cardio & HIIT Warm Up before starting this workout. Between the warm up and this workout I burned 337 calories.
This workout is done interval style. The exercises are done for 30 seconds of work followed by 15 seconds of rest. There is a timer in the upper left hand side of the screen counting down your intervals and recoveries. During the recovery Caroline previews the next exercise. There is also a little bar at the bottom of the screen that counts down the entire workout time as a percentage.
***11/05/22 I used this workout in a rotation I created so there are dated weight updates below. The weights dated 11/05/22 are for Caroline Girvan Strength & Muscle Building Rotation. I only added a date and weight when I lifted heavier than the last time I did the workout.***
High Intensity Dumbbell HIIT Cardio Workout is 34:43 minutes; one minute intro, no warm up and 2:40 minute stretch. Equipment: dumbbells and fitness mat. Caroline is using 6kg/13 pound dumbbells. The weights listed below are what I used.
- Dumbbell burpee (holding DBs in both hands, place DBs on ground, jump feet out to plank and lower body to floor, raise back into plank, jump feet into DBs, stand and do a double arm kettlebell swing with the DBs, swinging DBs overhead) (13# DBs)
- Repeat #1 three more times
- Tuck to extension (lay on mat with shoulders elevated and legs extended and elevated off floor, raise torso higher while also pulling knees into chest and tapping hands to ankles)
- Repeat #3 three more times
- Squat to press (hold DBs at shoulders, squat and when you stand do one overhead press) (13# DBs) (11/05/2 15# DBs)
- Repeat #5 three more times
- Lunge hold w/ lateral raise (hold lunge isometrically while doing straight arm side raises) (5# DBs)
- Repeat #7 on other side of body
- Repeat #7 & 8
- Staggered squat to lunge (one single leg squat w/ back leg in kickstand + one reverse lunge) (13# DBs) (11/05/22 15# DBs)
- Repeat #10 on other side of body
- Repeat #10 & 11
- Alternating bent over rows (13# DBs) (11/05/22 15# DBs)
- Repeat #13 three more times
- Curtsy lunge to squat (holding one DB at one shoulder, alternate one curtsy/cross-back lunge with one squat) (one 13# DB) (11/05/22 one 15# DB)
- Repeat #15 on other side of body
- Repeat #15 & 16
- Close squat to Arnold press (stand with legs close together, holding DBs at shoulders with palms facing you, do one narrow squat and when you stand do one Arnold press) (13# DBs) (11/05/22 15# DBs)
- Repeat #18 three more times
- Side plank to uneven push up (hold one DB in one hand while in straight arm plank, do one push up then rotate into a side plank raising DB to ceiling) (one 10# DB)
- Repeat #20 on other side of body
- Repeat #20 & 21
- Squat to press (hold DBs at shoulders, squat and when you stand do one overhead press) (10# DBs) (11/05/22 13# DBs)
- Repeat #23 three more times
For more info on Caroline Girvan’s workouts and other (free) streaming workouts I’ve sampled and reviewed, check out my Streaming page.
2 thoughts on “BEASTMODE HIGH INTENSITY – Dumbbell HIIT Cardio Workout | Day 10”