5 Min Express Abs Workout at Home is quick but intense little abdominal add on workout from Naomi Joy. Today I tacked it on to the end of a Chest and Tricep workout. There are a lot of push ups in that workout, so my core already got some work before coming to this. Naomi burned my abs out quickly and in only 5 minutes. I definitely felt this little ab finisher! I actually really felt it in my hip flexors, too, which I thought was a little odd. I don’t think I used my hip flexors at all in a chest and tricep workout but they were tiring out in this workout. Naomi leads you through this workout in real time. There is a timer in the lower left hand corner of the screen counting down the total workout time.
5 Min Express Abs Workout at Home is 5:43 minutes. Equipment: fitness mat. Naomi shows easier modifications for some of the exercises.
- Lay on back, head on mat, bicycle legs
- Place hands behind head, elbows out to sides, and raise head/shoulders isometrically while continuing to bicycle the legs
- Upper body is in same position as #2, but extend legs straight and flutter kick the legs; continue fluttering legs but extend arms along sides (head/shoulders still elevated)
- Lay on back, head on floor, raise straight legs to ceiling, draw a circle with straight legs, alternate directions
- Bicycle maneuver, pulse 2x at top of move (when elbow taps opposite knee); hold top of move isometrically for 10 seconds (elbow to opposite knee)
- Roll up into bent leg V sit with hands behind thighs; reach arms overhead and roll up into bent leg V sit with legs extended on either side of legs; roll up into straight leg V sit
- Lay on back with straight legs raised to 45 degrees, head and shoulders elevated and arms raised to ceiling, open and close arms and legs