10 Min Full Body Pilates Workout is Day 20 in Heather Robertson‘s Daily 10 series, which is a series of 10 minute workouts that Heather uploaded every day in the month of November. This is the second Daily 10 pilates workout. I enjoyed them both but I liked this even one more than Day 10. This is a great bodyweight strength workout to use as a finisher to any other type of workout, or you can use it like I did. I combined the two Daily 10 pilates workouts for 20 minutes of pilates. Since this is pilates you are working your core throughout but, just like in Day 10, you are also working a lot of other muscle groups. The exercises are done interval style: 40 seconds of work followed by 10 seconds of recovery. Heather previews the next exercise during the recovery.
10 Min Full Body Pilates Workout is 10:39 minutes; no warm up or stretch. Equipment: fitness mat. Having a chair nearby is helpful if you are balance challenged like me since #7 & 8 require some balance.
- Full body crunch (lay on back, reach arms overhead while extending legs straight and elevated a few inches off mat, bring knees into chest while crunching upper body and reaching hands to heels)
- Leg tug (lay on back, raise head and shoulders, scissor straight legs, when one leg is raised to ceiling, other leg is a few inches off the floor, hold thigh of leg raised to ceiling with both hands and pull it toward face)
- Roll ups (traditional pilates roll up, but at top of move, when arms are raised overhead and you are sitting upright, twist torso to side, alternate sides)
- Pilates 100 bike (sit on bottom, torso leaned back slightly, arms extended straight to sides, raise and lower arms quickly in pilates 100 fashion while bicycling legs)
- Push up & leg lift (at top of push up do a single leg lift, alternate legs with a push up between each leg lift)
- In & out hops (plie squat jacks, arms flow down beside hips when in narrow squat and open out to sides when in plie squat, raise arms overhead between each squat version)
- Curtsy & side leg lift (do a curtsy lunge with one arm raised overhead then raise knee of leg that was curtsying up into side knee lift while also bringing elbow of raised arm down to meet knee)
- Repeat #7 on other side of body
- Skater lunge (alternating stationary side lunge, reach one hand to opposite foot when in lunge, other arm is raised to ceiling)
- Side press & lift (lay on your side, bottom hand is holding opposite shoulder, top arm is on the floor in front of chest, do a side lying tricep push up and when you lower upper body do a straight leg side leg lift)
- Repeat #10 on other side of body
- Down dog burpee (start in straight arm plank, push back to downward facing dog, return to plank, jump feet into hands, stand and reach arms overhead)