10 Min Full Body Pilates Workout is Day 20 in Heather Robertson‘s Daily 10 series, which is a series of 10 minute workouts that Heather uploaded every day in the month of November. This is the second Daily 10 pilates workout. I enjoyed them both but I liked this even one more than Day 10. This is a great bodyweight strength workout to use as a finisher to any other type of workout, or you can use it like I did. I combined the two Daily 10 pilates workouts for 20 minutes of pilates. Since this is pilates you are working your core throughout but, just like in Day 10, you are also working a lot of other muscle groups. The exercises are done interval style: 40 seconds of work followed by 10 seconds of recovery. Heather previews the next exercise during the recovery.
10 Min Full Body Pilates Workout is 10:39 minutes; no warm up or stretch. Equipment: fitness mat. Having a chair nearby is helpful if you are balance challenged like me since #7 & 8 require some balance.
- Full body crunch (lay on back, reach arms overhead while extending legs straight and elevated a few inches off mat, bring knees into chest while crunching upper body and reaching hands to heels)
- Leg tug (lay on back, raise head and shoulders, scissor straight legs, when one leg is raised to ceiling, other leg is a few inches off the floor, hold thigh of leg raised to ceiling with both hands and pull it toward face)
- Roll ups (traditional pilates roll up, but at top of move, when arms are raised overhead and you are sitting upright, twist torso to side, alternate sides)
- Pilates 100 bike (sit on bottom, torso leaned back slightly, arms extended straight to sides, raise and lower arms quickly in pilates 100 fashion while bicycling legs)
- Push up & leg lift (at top of push up do a single leg lift, alternate legs with a push up between each leg lift)
- In & out hops (plie squat jacks, arms flow down beside hips when in narrow squat and open out to sides when in plie squat, raise arms overhead between each squat version)
- Curtsy & side leg lift (do a curtsy lunge with one arm raised overhead then raise knee of leg that was curtsying up into side knee lift while also bringing elbow of raised arm down to meet knee)
- Repeat #7 on other side of body
- Skater lunge (alternating stationary side lunge, reach one hand to opposite foot when in lunge, other arm is raised to ceiling)
- Side press & lift (lay on your side, bottom hand is holding opposite shoulder, top arm is on the floor in front of chest, do a side lying tricep push up and when you lower upper body do a straight leg side leg lift)
- Repeat #10 on other side of body
- Down dog burpee (start in straight arm plank, push back to downward facing dog, return to plank, jump feet into hands, stand and reach arms overhead)
For more info on Heather Robertson’s workouts and other (free) streaming workouts I’ve sampled and reviewed, check out my Streaming page.
4 thoughts on “DAY 20 // THE DAILY10: 10 Min Full Body Pilates Workout”
I got my Covid booster Friday and it knocked me out yesterday. Feeling better today but definitely not 100%. I’m eyeing heathers recovery vid (part of the fierce series) so I’ll try that one out today, just to get some mobility.
My elbow appt is tomorrow. I absolutely can’t wait!
Oh Wow! I did the exact same thing! I had my yearly physical with my PCP on Friday and I got both my COVID booster and my flu shot Friday morning. I felt HORRIBLE Friday night and yesterday. Since I am doing the 7 week rotation, I got up anyway and did Caroline’s 1000 Rep Legs and man, did I struggle. I actually hit pause a few times to take some personal rests and I never do that! In retrospect it was a bad idea but I didn’t want to mess up the rotation. I already swapped weeks 4 & 5 by accident–not that those two weeks really matter if they are swapped, but still. I think doing 1000 Rep legs made me feel worse yesterday to be honest. Not my best judgement. I am feeling better today too but I am also still not 100%. My skin still feels weird (flu-ish) and I had to make a dish for a family thing at noon and it wore me out! Today was luckily a recovery day–so just some rebounding and stretching today. I hope tomorrow I am back to normal because tomorrow starts the second Beastmode week in the rotation and I would really like to give it my all.
I hope your ortho appointment goes well. Have they x-Rayed or MRI’d your elbow yet?
We are so strangely in synch … haha!
I could not imagine doing ANY Caroline workout yesterday! I felt bad – not quite as bad as after the second shot – but bad enough where I didn’t consider exercising, and that’s saying a lot. The fact that you mustered up the 1000 rep leg workout … man … hats off to you!
No MRI or anything yet. The guy I’m seeing is an orthopedic surgeon I saw a few years ago when my right shoulder was giving me trouble. I’m hoping it’s something that can be fixed with a cortisone shot (like he did with my shoulder) or something but you never know.
LikeLiked by 1 person