10 Min HIIT Pilates Workout is Day 10 in Heather Robertson‘s Daily 10 series, which is a series of 10 minute workouts that Heather uploaded every day in the month of November. This is a versatile little bodyweight strength workout that you can use a number of ways. Since it is pilates, there is a lot of core work, but it works a lot of other muscles at the same time. You could use this as a finisher for any type of workout or you could combine this with Heather’s other Daily 10 Pilates workout (Day 20), which is what I did. You just need to make sure to give yourself a brief warm up and a stretch. I used both of Heather’s Daily 10 Pilates workouts as part of my recovery day workout. I started with one of Naomi Joy‘s rebounder tabata workouts to warm myself up, then I did both of Heather’s Daily 10 Pilates workouts back to back, and finished with Heather’s Full Body Stretch & Recovery. A very good recovery day workout. To be honest–it didn’t really feel like much of a recovery day since all 4 of the workouts worked me very well! I was sweating through the majority of the workouts (until the stretch that is).
10 Min HIIT Pilates Workout is 10:36 minutes; no warm up or stretch. Equipment: fitness mat. The exercises are done interval style: 40 seconds of work followed by 10 seconds of recovery. Heather previews the next exercise during the recovery.
- Side kick & squeeze (in modified forearm side elbow plank (knees bent and on floor), raise hip while extending top leg and top arm to ceiling, hold this position and bring top elbow into ribs, straighten arm overhead again then lower hip while bending top leg and bringing it back to rest on top of bottom leg and lowering arm to side)
- Repeat #1 on other side of body
- Plank leg lift (hold forearm/elbow plank while lifting and lowering one leg, alternate legs)
- Bear kick burpees (in bear pose (on hands and toes, with knees bent and hovering a few inches off the floor), alternate raising one leg, pushing sole of foot to ceiling (once each leg), then jump feet into hands, stand and jump, reaching arms overhead)
- 3 supermans + 6 swimmers
- Sumo & lunge (one sumo squat, reaching hands toward mat, then pivot to side while reaching arms in front of you and lower into lunge while reaching arms overhead, lower arms and pivot back to front)
- Repeat #6 on other side of body
- Full bridge & reach (sit on mat, knees bent and feet on floor, hands on mat behind hips, push hips up into crab/reverse tabletop while reaching one arm over opposite shoulder, lower hips back to mat, alternate sides)
- Super push up (alternate one push up with one superman)
- Crunch & kick (in modified forearm side plank (knees bent and on floor), start with top arm extended overhead and top leg straight, swing top leg forward and touch finger tips to toes, return to start then bend top knee and bring top elbow to knee–keep hips raised throughout)
- Repeat #10 on other side of body
- Pilates 100 bike (sit on bottom, torso leaned back slightly, arms extended straight to sides, raise and lower arms quickly in pilates 100 fashion while bicycling legs)