Day 1 of SanFran Fitness’s Kickstart Rebounding Series is a 10 minute cardio rebounder workout from SanFran Fitness. This workout features both Claire and Scott, but it is led by Claire. During the intro Claire and Scott explain what their kickstart series is all about. For the next 3 weeks they are uploading a workout every day Monday-Friday. They are alternating workout types and leads (the cardio workouts are led by Claire and the strength workouts are led by Scott). All of the workouts are done on the rebounder.
This is a great little cardio rebounder workout led by Claire. I really enjoyed the format of this workout. Claire builds a long combo by adding a new exercise each time you repeat the the combo. There are no complicated exercises and though there is no designated warm up, this workout by itself is a perfect warm up before doing another, more intense workout. This is not a high intensity workout but it will get your heart rate elevated. In fact, that is how I used it this morning. I paired together Claire’s Kickstart Day 1 and Day 3 for 20 minutes of cardio before moving into my main, more intense (and longer) cardio rebounder workout (Naomi Joy‘s 30 Minute HIIT Cardio Intervals). According to my FitBit I burned 94 calories in the course of this workout. BTW–Day 3 is structured exactly the same as this workout but with different, slightly more challenging (but not complex) moves. So Kickstart Days 1 & 3 work really well together. If you just want to string Kickstarts together, that would work really well since there will be more! I am looking forward to them! These are great little add on rebounder workouts!
Day 1 is 12:25 minutes; 1:30 minute intro; no designated warm up or stretch.
- Shift rock side to side
- Hip shift rock side to side, swing arms side to side
- Basic bounce swinging arms forward and back
- Repeat #2 & 3
- Bounce step one foot forward while also shifting hip forward then step back and basic bounce 2x, alternate legs
- Repeat #4 & 5
- Double jack the legs, arms are extend to sides in a T when legs are wide, when legs are together bend elbows bringing hands together in front of chest (arms remain elevated so elbows and shoulders are at the same level)
- Repeat #6 & 7
- Jumping jacks
- Repeat #8 & 9
- Hop forward and back, arms swing forward and back
- Repeat #10 & 11
- Turn to side and, while in split stance, shift rock forward and back 3x (they call this “stomping”), hop to center with a clap and change sides
- Repeat #12 & 13
- Basic bounce while arms “pull the rope” in front of you
- Repeat #14 & 15
- Jack the legs while arms “pull the rope” overhead
- Repeat #16 & 17
- Jack the legs, arms do single arm large circles, alternate arms
- Shift rock side to side