20 Min Full Body Feel Good Stretch is another absolutely wonderful deep stretching session from Naomi Joy. I loved her extended stretches! She always includes excellent deep stretches in her workouts, but these separate stretches are so amazing and feel good. I hope she keeps them coming. Today was my recovery day so I warmed up with some rebounder cardio then I cooled down/stretched out with this routine. It felt so good. Naomi uses a large flat yoga block in this workout. I own one (bought when I was doing a lot of Classical Stretch workouts) and I love using it. You sit on it when doing certain moves. I don’t know why, but when I sit on the flat block, it makes me more conscious of my posture, which of course improves the stretch.
This workout is set to relaxing music with Naomi leading you through the workout. Just like in her 30 Minute Full Body Stretch, she gives excellent and detailed instructions to help you perform each stretch with good form. I felt every stretch more deeply than usual thanks to her excellent instruction.
20 Min Full Body Feel Good Stretch is 20:27 minutes. Equipment: flat yoga block, 6 foot theraband and fitness mat.
- Sit cross-leg on edge of yoga block, take a deep breath, rolling shoulder back; place finger tips on shoulders, elbows open to sides, raise elbows then lower them; bring elbows together in front of body then open them to sides
- Still sitting cross-leg on edge of yoga block with hands on mat beside hips, tilt head to side
- Hold one end of band in each hand, raise arms overhead, open wide in a V then pull arms/band behind you, opening chest
- (set band aside) Get on all 4s for cat/cow
- Child’s pose
- Kneeling lunge; add eagle pose stretch w/ arms
- From kneeling lunge, shift hips back and straighten front leg for hamstring stretch
- Return to kneeling lunge and interlace fingers behind back, straighten arms to stretch the chest/shoulders
- Child’s pose
- Repeat #6-8 on other side of body
- Lay on stomach with legs extended straight and tops of feet on mat, press toes into mat, open arms in a V overhead with fingertips on floor, lift chest into a cobra variation
- Sit on edge of yoga block with legs extended in front of you, loop band around both feet, holding one end of band in each hand, hinge forward over legs (seated forward fold), walking hands down band for a deeper stretch
- (set yoga block aside) Seated figure 4/glute stretch; stack cross legs so you are in a double pigeon pose
- Repeat #14 on other side of body
- Sit on yoga block and open legs wide in a V, hinge torso forward to stretch inner thighs
- Legs are still in a V, bend one knee bringing foot to inner thigh, other leg is still extended straight, reaching opposite arm overhead and to side in a side stretch while same side arm reaches to ankle of straight leg
- Repeat #17 on other side of body
- Still sitting on yoga block, cross legs and do a seated spinal twist
- Still sitting cross-leg on yoga block, take deep breaths with shoulder rolls
For more info on Naomi Joy Fitness and other (free) streaming workouts I’ve sampled and reviewed, check out my Streaming page.
One thought on “Naomi Joy Fitness: 20 Min Full Body Feel Good Stretch”