***Back Fat is part of Linda Wooldridge‘s 5 Best Exercise Series. This review will eventually be double posted. It is available for free on YouTube (this review) but it is also part of Linda’s 5 Best Exercise Series DVD which contains 11 mini workouts. I am using the DVD version but I am also posting individual reviews of the workouts so others can also enjoy them on YouTube. The DVD review will post eventually, tho. However, Linda has also created a 5 Best Exercises playlist on YouTube that includes every one of the workouts on the DVD.***
Back Fat is 7 minutes long. Equipment needed: a light set of hand weights, a resistance band (dyna band) and a mat. I used a set of 8 pound dumbbells for the first exercise and for the final exercise I used 2 pound hand weights–but in the future I will try the band. This workout is made up of 5 exercises; each exercise is done for one minute. This is actually an excellent mini back workout. I suggest repeating it a few times, unless you are using it as an add on after a longer workout. I am currently doing Paul Katami‘s 4×4 workout program and I am using Linda’s 5 Best Exercise workouts as finishers after Paul’s workouts. Back Fat worked perfect for that purpose since the 4×4 workout I did this morning worked every muscle group except the back. So this rounded out my workout perfectly.
- Hinged lateral raises (rear delt flys) (8# DBs)
- Lat pull downs (fold band in half and start with arms wide holding band overhead; pull band down behind head, raise it back overhead, then pull down in front of head; alternate these two pull downs)
- Back rows (sit w/ legs in front of you, wrap band around feet and choke up on band so there is plenty of tension–I just kept the band doubled)
- Y-pulls (band still around feet, criss-cross band and hold an end in each hand; pull arms up high in a Y)
- Supermans w/ pull backs (supermans but with lat pull down arm movement) (2# DBs or dynaband)
For more info on Barlates and other (free) streaming workouts I’ve sampled and reviewed, check out my Streaming page.
3 thoughts on “Barlates: 5 Best Back Fat Exercises”