Inner Thighs is part of Linda Wooldridge’s 100 Rep Challenge series. She has 10 workouts in this series (here is her 100 Rep Challenge playlist so you can view them all). You can also buy the entire series on DVD (which I have now done). The idea behind these workouts is that you do 100 reps of each exercise in the workout. There are 10 exercises, so each workout actually contains 1,000 reps!
I usually approach these 100 Rep Challenge workouts as finishers for other workouts but today I did Inner Thighs as my doubles workout and it still completely burned out my inner thighs. I do think that since I came to this workout fresh I had more endurance (it took longer to burn the muscle out) but it still burned my inner thigh muscles out. It also felt like it was hitting my hips and outer glutes. Another excellent short but intense mat workout. This works well as a lower body finisher or paired with another 100 Rep Challenge for a longer workout or even as I did it today–on its own as my doubles workout.
Inner Thighs is 22:30 minutes long; 1:30 minute stretch. No equipment is needed except a mat.
- Lay on back with straight legs raised to ceiling, open legs wide in a V then bring them in and cross them, scissoring them once each way then opening them wide again; changes to just the scissor/crossing with straight legs raised to ceiling
- Still on back, legs opened wide in a V w/ legs straight, bend knees bringing heels in to bottom then straighten legs while also pointing and flexing feet; changes to pulsing w/ legs partially bent then straightening
- Still on back, legs raised to ceiling, feet flexed, heels together and toes turned out, bend knees then push feet to ceiling keeping heels together
- Sit on mat, hands on mat behind you for support, knees are bent and open to sides of body and soles of feet are together–alternate raising and lower legs while in this position
- Lay on back, knees bent and feet on floor close together, raise hips, open knees wide while hips are still raised, close legs and lower hips; changes to keeping hips raised and opening and closing knees
- Lay on side, top leg bent w/ foot on floor behind bottom leg, raise and lower straight bottom leg
- Repeat 6 on other leg
- Still on side, circle straight lower leg (small circles)
- Repeat 8 on other leg
- Laying on back again, legs raised to ceiling but open wide in a V, circle both legs around in wide circles, bringing them together then circling them out to sides