Upper Body is part of Linda Wooldridge’s 100 Rep Challenge series. She has 10 workouts in this series (here is her 100 Rep Challenge play list so you can view them all). You can also buy the entire series on DVD (which I have now done). The idea behind these workouts is that you do 100 reps of each exercise in the workout. There are 10 exercises, so each workout actually contains 1,000 reps!
OMG–serious burnout! Before doing this workout I did Linda’s 40 minute Chest & Shoulder Strength workout which had already worked my chest, biceps and triceps as well as burned out my shoulders. I decided to finish my upper body off with this challenge. And wow! It did the trick–I was finished. Or at least my arms and shoulders were finished! This is very intense. I felt like it had a lot of shoulder focus but in all honesty that could be due to the fact my shoulders were already fried when I came to this workout.
Upper Body is 20 minutes long; 1 minute stretch. Equipment: light dumbbells. Linda used 2 pound dumbbells and I used 3 pound dumbbells for everything except #1 and for that exercise I used 5 pound dumbbells.
- Overhead press; changes to pulses at top of press
- Hammer curls but w/ elbow extended in front of body; changes to wide hammer curls (elbows still extended); alternate between wide and narrow
- Tricep kickbacks
- Straight arm front raises; changes to pulses at top of raise
- Rear delt raises; changes to pulses at top of raise; back to full raises
- Straight arm side raises; changes to pulsing at top of raise
- Large arm circles; changes to smaller arm circles
- Straight arm rear tricep presses
- Swan arms: a sort of flowing/flapping swan arms (like wings); first it is done to the side then in front of you
- Standing chest fly arms (arms in goal post–bring elbows in front of body together then open); changes to one arm higher than the other when bringing arms together–alternate which arm is higher; changes to pulsing arms together in front of body (arms are at same level)