Kickboxing Interval Training is another HIIT for Beginners workout offered free on YouTube by Jessica Smith. It is the 3rd one I’ve done so far and probably the most intense of the 3. It is not an intense workout but a nice little cardio boxing workout. I really enjoyed it. I created a low impact kickboxing workout on Cathe‘s Workout Blender using segments from ICE Rock’m Sock’m Kickbox & Low Impact Sweat that is about 37 minutes long and I followed it immediately with this workout, giving me an hour long low impact kickboxing workout. They work very well together! I will probably use them together again or use this workout with Jessica’s Cardio Hit! kickboxing workout from her Walk Strong 3.
Kickboxing Interval Training is 23:30 minutes long; 5 minute warm up and 3 minute cool down and stretch. I wore one pound weighted gloves for this workout. At the beginning of the workout Jessica says there are 4 rounds but there only ends up being 3 rounds. This workout has boxing and knee strike combos separated by 3 one minute intervals of a higher intensity.
- One arm jabs; add a cross
- Cross punches to the front
- Interval: speed bag shuffle
- Upper cuts
- Knee strikes (alternating knee raises while pulling arms down)
- 8 upper cuts + 4 knee strikes
- Interval: jumping jacks
- One arm hook punch
- Power knee drive (one knee)
- Repeat 8 & 9 on other side of body
- Interval: running in place w/ jump rope arms