Recovery Workout // Stretch + Relaxation is a relaxing extended stretch from Heather Robertson. I used this workout to end a long (66 minute) metabolic cardio workout that wore me out. This worked perfectly to cool me down and stretch me out. This workout is done voice over. No graphics–just Heather, leading through the stretches.
Recovery Workout // Stretch + Relaxation is 12:30 minutes. Start standing at edge of mat.
- Forward fold, swaying side to side; hold elbows with hands and continue rocking torso side to side
- Walk hands out to plank then into upward facing dog; walk hands back to feet, stand, raise arms overhead and arch spine
- Downward dog, pedaling feet
- While in down dog, raise one leg up to ceiling then bring leg under body tapping knee to same side elbow
- Crescent lunge; lower back knee to ground into kneeling lunge and lift one arm to ceiling, other hand on the ground
- In kneeling lunge, shift forward to stretch hip flexor deeper; reach back, lifting back leg and holding foot for quad stretch
- Shift hips back, straightening front leg to stretch hamstring
- Pigeon stretch
- Repeat #3-8 on other side of body
- Child’s pose
- Thread the needle
- Sit cross-leg with ankle on top of knee, walk hands forward, hinging forward over crossed legs
- Lay on back and hug knees into chest, rocking legs side to side; still gripping knees, open knees and rotate bent legs to work hips
- Extend arms overhead and legs straight then hug knees into chest again
- Lay on back, knees bent, soles of feet together and knees open to sides, take deep breaths (inhale 4 counts, hold breath 4 counts, exhale 6 counts)
For more info on Heather Robertson’s workouts and other (free) streaming workouts I’ve sampled and reviewed, check out my Streaming page.
8 thoughts on “Recovery Workout // Stretch + Relaxation”