Kettlebell Tabata Workout is a short little metabolic cardio routine from Heather Robertson. I hadn’t actually planned to do this workout today but now that I am subscribed to Heather’s YouTube channel, I get an email every time she uploads a new workout. This one popped up last week and I just couldn’t wait to give it a try but I had every other day this past week packed with Heather’s workouts. I didn’t know where I could squeeze it in. So I just tacked it onto my Saturday workouts. And I am glad I did. This is an excellent little tabata finisher to tack onto the end of another workout. This morning I wanted to do a metabolic cardio workout and this this fit in to the mix perfectly. This workout, used in combination with 2 of her other workouts this morning, actually created an excellent 66 minute metabolic cardio workout. I created a folder/playlist specifically for this morning’s workouts and stacked the workouts I planned to do in the order I planned to do them so they played straight through from beginning to end. I started with Burn Fat Fast // Low Impact Fat Burning HIIT Workout since it has it’s own warm up. After that I went straight into Low Impact Cardio Workout for Beginners followed by this workout then I ended it all with her Recovery Workout // Strength + Relaxation Routine. And all together, I got a killer workout. (With the Recovery workout my total workout time was 79 minutes)
Since this workout is set up in tabata format, the structure is 20 seconds of work followed by 10 seconds of recovery. There is a counter in the bottom right hand corner of the screen, counting down your interval. During the 10 second recovery between exercises, the next exercise is featured in the center of the screen with a clock, counting down the 10 seconds.
Kettlebell Tabata Workout is 13 minutes; 30 second intro. Equipment: kettlebell. Heather is using a 15 pound kettlebell. I also used a 15 pound kettlebell for everything except exercise #10 below. For that exercise I used my 20 pound kettlebell.
- Single arm KB Swing
- Repeat #1 on other arm
- Lunge Drive (reverse lunge into a knee raise holding KB at shoulder)
- Repeat #3 on other side of body
- Repeat #1-4 two more times
- 25 second rest
- Cross Press (stand with feet wider than hip width, hinge forward keeping legs straight, reaching KB down to opposite foot then rack KB at shoulder and do an overhead press)
- Repeat #7 on other side of body
- Toe Taps (place KB on ground in front of you and alternate tapping toes to KB with hands behind head–this is a hop tap cardio move)
- Deadlift Squat Combo (straight leg deadlift + goblet squat)
- Repeat #7-10 two more times