10 Minute Standing Abs Workout is a great little workout from Heather Robertson to add onto the end of any workout. No difficult moves but intense enough that I worked up a mild sweat (I had just finished another workout). I am not allowed any impact right now so in place of #8 I did fast high knee marches, but otherwise I did everything as presented and I loved this little add on.
Each move is done for 30 seconds with no rest periods. When there is 5 seconds left of the exercise you are doing, a rectangle appears in the upper right hand corner, previewing the upcoming move. There is also a count down clock in the lower right hand corner. And like the majority of Heather’s other workouts, there is no talking, just music and Heather doing each move with you, demonstrating perfect form.
10 Minute Standing Abs Workout is 11 minutes; 40 second intro. No warm up or stretch.
- Knee Drive (alternating knee raises, arms raise overhead and are pulled down to knee as it it is raised)
- Oblique Twist (with hands behind head, extend one toe out to side, do a knee raise while bringing opposite elbow to knee)
- Repeat #2 on other side of body
- Pike Kick (raise both arms overhead and tap one toe behind you, raise the leg straight in front of you while also bringing both straight arms down to leg as it raises)
- Repeat #4 on other side of body
- Side Bend (stand with one hand behind head and other arm extended straight down beside thigh, do a side bend, reaching arm down toward floor)
- Repeat #6 on other side of body
- High Knee Run (with hands behind head)
- Side Kick (raise one arm overhead, lift leg out straight to side and bring elbow down to tap outer thigh, raise arm overhead again while cross tapping leg behind other leg)
- Repeat #9 on other side of body
- Repeat #1-10