Inner + Outer Thigh Slimming Workout is another little bodyweight add on/finisher workout from Heather Robertson. I used it today to finish off an hour long total body workout and it gave my lower body some nice additional work. I’ve done several of Heather’s short lower body add on/finishers over the past few weeks and this short workout didn’t burn out my lower body like the others have, but I still thoroughly enjoyed it and it did a good job. I was already warm from the workout I had just finished and this workout kept my sweat going. I can’t say if you will get your sweat on doing just this workout and nothing else, but as an add on it kept me warm.
Just like most of Heather’s workouts, this is set up interval style. Each exercise is done for 30 seconds with 10 seconds of rest. There is a timer in the lower right hand corner of the screen counting down your intervals. During the 10 second recovery, the next move is previewed in the center of the screen with a big counter over the picture. And it is all music, no talking.
Inner + Outer Thigh Slimming Workout is 14 minutes; 30 second intro. No equipment needed except a fitness mat if you are on hard floor.
- Side lunge with knee raise at top of lunge
- Repeat #1 on other side of body
- Sumo Squat
- Side Kick (on all 4s, kick one leg out to side)
- Repeat #4 on other side of body
- Crab Kick Combo (in crab, with one leg extended straight, raise and lower straight leg the open leg out to side)
- Repeat #6 on other side of body
- Inner Thigh Lift (resting on one hip and same side elbow, bottom leg is extended straight and back knee is bent with foot on ground, raise and lower bottom straight leg)
- Repeat #8 on other side of body
- Sumo Pulses (remain in deep sumo squat and pulse)
- Repeat #1-10