Yoga Inspired Full Body Workout is a wonderful, feel good dynamic and flowing yoga workout from Heather Robertson. It has everything–flexibility, mobility, and strength. I broke a sweat during this workout and I was working. But I wasn’t working hard. And the stretch at the end? Seems pretty long for a 30 minute workout, but the yoga doesn’t stop. The intervals stop, but Heather continues to give you more gentle yoga poses. You just don’t get any cuing. That is probably the only real drawback to this workout. You just get the little beep sounds that are in all of Heather’s workouts to alert you that we are changing to another pose. She doesn’t cue in the interval part of the workout either but you do get a preview of each exercise before you perform it. Heather’s black cat made a few appearances in this workout, wandering in and out of the camera shot.
This workout is done interval style: 45 seconds of work followed by 15 seconds of recovery. There is a timer in the lower right hand corner of the screen counting down your intervals and recoveries. During the recoveries Heather previews the next exercise. This is done to nice relaxing music. I workout for an hour every day so I followed this with another one of Heather’s flexibility workouts: Day 7 Home Workout Challenge // Full Body Stretch & Recovery, which is an easier, more relaxing workout that this one (even though they are both feel good workouts) so it was the perfect way to end this workout. But if 30 minutes is all you need or have time for then this workout is a perfect recovery day workout on its own.
Yoga Inspired Full Body Workout is 32:30 minutes; 2:30 minute warm up and 6:30 minute stretch. Equipment: fitness mat. Since the stretch at the end includes more yoga moves, here is a brief list of some of the moves that appear in addition to traditional stretching: child’s pose variations, down dog, cobra, eagle arms and plow pose.
- Up & down dog (flow between these two poses)
- Warrior lunge (flow between Warrior 2 and Reverse Warrior)
- Repeat #2 on other side of body
- Back & forth inchworm (start at back end of mat, hinge forward and place hands on floor at top of mat, walk hands out so you are plank, do one push up then step feet forward to hands and stand, raising arms overhead then hinge forward and place hands on floor, step feet back to plank, do one push up, walk hands back to feet and stand raising arms overhead)
- Chair squat (flow in and out of chair squat)
- Bird dog plank (in straight arm plank, raise one arm and opposite leg at the same time, alternate arm/legs)
- Low lunge (start in crescent pose and lower into lunge until back knee taps the floor, reaching fingertips to floor on either side of front foot, flow between these two moves)
- Repeat #7 on other side of body
- Side bridge kick (in modified side elbow plank (both legs are bent with bottom knee on floor), top arm is reached toward ceiling, raise hips while lifting top leg as high as you can and straightening it)
- Repeat #9 on other side of body
- Mountain climbers
- 30 second recovery
- Repeat #1-11