Full Body Yoga Fusion // HIIT Workout is another flexibility, mobility, and body weight strength workout from Heather Robertson. It is similar to her Yoga Inspired Full Body Workout but you flow through a different series of poses. And like her other yoga-inspired workout, this is a feel good workout that works you well but not hard. I broke a mild sweat. This workout is done interval style. Each exercise is done for 45 seconds followed by 15 seconds of recovery. There is a timer in the lower right hand corner of the screen, counting down your intervals and recoveries. Heather previews the next exercise during the recovery. Just like her other yoga workout, the yoga doesn’t end when the intervals end. The stretch at the end gives you some more gentle yoga poses that you hold rather than flow through. This workout done to nice relaxing music. I workout for an hour every day so I followed this with another one of Heather’s new flexibility workouts: Relaxing Full Body Stretch // Flexibility & Mobility, which is an easier, more relaxing workout than this one so it was the perfect way to end this workout. But if 30 minutes is all you need or have time for then this workout is a perfect recovery day workout on its own.
Full Body Yoga Fusion // HIIT Workout is 29:47 minutes; 3 minute warm up and 3:30 minute stretch. Equipment: fitness mat. If you are balance challenged like me then you might need a chair nearby to assist you with the Warrior III flow (#3 & 4 below). The stretch at the end has some more yoga poses in it: down dog, pigeon pose, bow pose, cobra, cat/cow and child’s pose.
- Down dog crunch (start in 3 leg down dog (one leg raised straight to ceiling) then flow forward into plank, bringing knee of raised leg under chest–flow back and forth between these two poses)
- Repeat #1 on other side of body
- Warrior III flow (flow between warrior 3 and standing with knee raised–you are balancing on one leg the entire time)
- Repeat #3 on other side of body
- Plank hop up (squat, placing hands on floor, hop feet back to plank, hop feet back in, stand and reach arms overhead)
- Warrior combo (flow between Warrior 2 and triangle pose)
- Repeat #6 on other side of body
- Side bridge & lift (in side elbow plank, lower hips to floor then raise hips while also raising arm to ceiling and raising top straight leg)
- Repeat #8 on other side of body
- Down dog double push (flow between down dog and push up–push up is done to a slower 2/2 count)
- Twisting chair squat (with legs and feet together and palms together in prayer, reach arms overhead then lower into chair pose while twisting torso to side into revolving chair pose, alternate sides while flowing between standing and revolving chair pose)
- Repeat #1-11
For more info on Heather Robertson’s workouts and other (free) streaming workouts I’ve sampled and reviewed, check out my Streaming page.
One thought on “Full Body Yoga Fusion // HIIT Workout”