15 Minute Slow Stretch Yoga for Hips & Sore Legs is another feel good, deep lower body yoga stretch from Sara Beth. As I was doing this routine, I felt like I had done it before but I searched my blog and I cannot find a review for it. Maybe another one of her other practices contains a similar flow. Whatever the reason, this did feel very good and stretched my lower body out very nicely. I had just finished a rebounder workout to warm myself, so I was wearing my yoga/rebounding socks. One of the moves in this routine (#9 below), twisted my socks up every time I did it (a total of 4 times). Twisted yoga socks does not affect the practice at all, but it mentally bothers me, so I had to waste time fixing a sock every time!
15 Minute Slow Stretch Yoga for Hips & Sore Legs is 16:19 minutes; however, the practice is actually only 15 minutes. The last minute is Sara talking about another practice. Equipment: fitness mat.
- Child’s pose
- Downward facing dog
- Forward fold w/ bent knees
- Still hinged forward, back flat and legs straight
- Stand with eyes closed and hands in prayer, taking deep breaths
- Extend arms overhead then pull elbows down, arching spine
- Reach arms overhead then lower into forward fold
- Repeat #4
- Runners lunge with back knee on mat; rotate body to side so you are laying on your hip with leg extended straight, front leg is still bent with foot on floor, press arm against knee (this is the pose Sara is doing in the picture associated with this review)
- Half splits (kneel on one knee, other leg is extended straight in front of you with heel on mat and foot flexed)
- Deep side lunge for inner thigh stretch
- Repeat #9-11 on other side of body
- Repeat #9-12
- Child’s pose
- Butterfly pose; hinge torso forward, forearms on mat in front of feet
- Sit cross-leg with hands in prayer
For more info on SaraBethYoga and other (free) streaming workouts I’ve sampled and reviewed, check out my Streaming page.