10 Minute Simple Slow Stretch Yoga Routine is a short but feel good yoga stretch routine from Sara Beth. It is a great practice to add onto the end of any workout but particularly a more aggressive yoga practice that doesn’t wind you down at the end or a cardio workout. But it would even work well after a total body strength workout. Sara leads you through some basic but very effective yoga poses that you hold for several breaths.
The only equipment you need for 10 Minute Simple Slow Stretch Yoga Routine is a fitness mat.
- Child’s pose with arms reached in front of you on the mat
- Continue child’s pose but with knees wider
- On hands and knees, arch spine and hold; round spine and hold; curl torso to to one side while shifting hips to opposite side (as if looking behind you)
- Thread the needle
- Downward facing dog, pedaling feet; hold down dog with legs wider
- Forward fold
- Still in forward fold, place one hand on the mat and reach the other hand to the ceiling, twisting spine
- Return to deep forward fold w/ knees bent; interlace hands behind back and stretch hands up to ceiling
For more info on SaraBethYoga and other (free) streaming workouts I’ve sampled and reviewed, check out my Streaming page.