10 Min Standing Abs Workout is fun little finisher workout from Heather Robertson that will give your core some work and also keep your heart rate elevated. I really enjoyed it. Heather has several standing abs workouts and I enjoy every one of them. They are all a little different. In fact, this one reminded me that I really need to use them all more often as finishers. They are so much fun! The exercises are each done for 30 seconds of work with no rest/recoveries between exercises. There is a timer in the lower right hand corner of the screen counting down your intervals and recoveries. When there is 10 seconds left of an exercise, a video appears in the upper right hand corner showing Heather previewing the next exercise.
10 Min Standing Abs Workout is 11:46 minutes; 30 second intro, no warm up and 50 second stretch. Equipment: light dumbbells. I used 3 pound dumbbells.
- High knee twist (hold DBs together in front of chest with elbows extended to sides, do alternating knee raises, bring DBs to hip when knee raises)
- Side bend & crunch (stand with legs wide, one arm is extended overhead, do a side bend, reaching DB overhead and to the side then do a knee raise to the side, bringing elbow of same side arm (the one that was reaching to side on side bend) to thigh when it raises)
- Repeat #2 on other side of body
- Side to side twist (hold DBs together in front of chest, lower into a partial squat, rotate upper body/DBs side to side keeping hips facing forward)
- Wood chopper (stand with legs wide, keeping arms straight and DBs pressed together, reach DBs overhead over one shoulder then chop arms/DBs down to opposite hip)
- Repeat #5 on other side of body
- Knee driver (alternating knee raises, DBs are pressed together, reach arms/DBs overhead then pull them down to knee when it raises)
- Kick & twist (stand w/ hands/DBs behind head, do one knee raise, bringing opposite elbow to knee + one front straight leg lift/kick, bringing opposite hand/DB to foot)
- Repeat #8 on other side of body
- High knee run
- Repeat #1-10