Active Recovery Yoga is Day 4 in Heather Robertson‘s 14 day Fierce 2.0 program. This is one of the recovery day workouts in the Fierce program. Though it is much easier than the strength workouts, I was still working and even broke a sweat. The yoga poses are all dynamic, meaning you do not hold any one pose. You are either flowing in and out of a pose, or flowing between two different poses. You get some dynamic stretching and a little bit of strength work. It was a very enjoyable workout. The time seemed to fly by. and it was over before I knew it. The workout ends with a very nice stretch in which you do hold some feel good poses: down dog, pigeon, happy baby, thread the needle, among other stretches. A very nice recovery day yoga practice.
Active Recovery Yoga is 31:13 minutes; 45 second intro, 3:20 minute warm up and 6:30 minute stretch. Equipment: fitness mat. The exercises are done interval style: 40 seconds of work followed by 10 seconds of recovery. There is a timer in the lower right hand corner of the screen counting down your intervals and recoveries. During the recoveries Heather previews the next exercise.
- Up & down dog (flow between upward facing dog and downward facing dog)
- Bird dog (on hands and knees, extend one arm straight in front of you and opposite leg straight behind you, bring elbow and knee together under body, rounding back, then extend arm and leg out straight again, repeat on other side of body and continue alternating sides)
- Plank rotation (start in straight arm plank, rotate into side plank, reaching top arm to ceiling, return to plank then repeat on other side of body)
- Lunge combo (flow between Warrior 2 and reverse triangle)
- Repeat #4 on other side of body
- Chair squat & hinge (stand with arms extended straight overhead, hinge forward with flat back, raise torso upright again then lower into chair squat)
- Lunge & reach (start in wide split stance with arms extended straight in front of you, lower back knee so you are in kneeling lunge, hinge torso forward while also reaching arms in front of you, raise back knee again so you are in split stance while also reaching arms overhead, returning to starting position)
- Repeat #7 on other side of body
- Dolphin push up (in forearm plank, push hips back into dolphin pose then return to forearm plank)
- Kick & open (do one 3-leg down dog, lifting leg to ceiling, then flow forward into deep runner’s lunge, rotate torso toward front leg while reaching arm to ceiling)
- Repeat #10 on other side of body
- Goddess squat (stand with legs wide, toes turned out and hands in prayer, lower into deep wide plie squat and pulse downward 3x)
- Repeat #1-12