Another excellent little workout by Popsugar and Anna Renderer. This one is exactly as the title describes–a 20 minute cardio workout that requires no running. It is set up in circuits. You have one cardio circuit that you will repeat 4 times. It is alternated w/ “strength” circuits, but they really aren’t strength. There is some bodyweight strength and some plyometrics but it isn’t real strength work. It is all cardio. You have two of these strength circuits that you repeat. No equipment is needed except a mat. This is a great little cardio workout to finish off a longer strength workout. It isn’t incredibly intense or advanced, but it does the trick. I really enjoyed it! I used it today to finish of a Cathe Live total body strength workout.
No Running Cardio is 20 minutes long. There is no warm up since you go directly into the cardio circuit, and the stretch at the end is 2:30 minutes. There is a modifier who is doing beginner versions of the exercises. Again, I am only using the terminology Anna and the graphics use below. This is not a real strength workout.
- Quick Skip (this is a high knee, hopping skip)
- Gate Swing (jump out into deep plie squat and jump back in)
- Jumping Jacks
Strength Interval 1:
- 180 Jump Squats (touch the floor with fingertips when squatting)
- Plank Jacks
- Break Dancer (this is actually a PiYo/BodyFit 360 move; get on all 4s except knees are a few inches off the floor and you’re on your toes; alternate kicking through underneath you to the other side, hip coming close to the ground but not touching)
Repeat Cardio Interval
Strength Interval 2:
- Quick Burpee (Burpee w/out push up or jump at top)
- Creepy Crawler Hops (in plank, bring knee to same side elbow on outside of body; alternate legs and as you change legs you will do a little hop between them)
- Push Up + Pike Jump (do a push up, then from plank, jump straight legs in towards hands, bringing butt to ceiling)
Repeat entire series starting w/ Cardio Interval and ending w/ Strength Interval 2.
For more info on Popsugar and other (free) streaming workouts I’ve sampled and reviewed, check out my Streaming page.