***5 Best Arm Toning Exercises is part of Linda Wooldridge‘s 5 Best Exercise Series. This review will eventually be double posted. It is available for free on YouTube (this review) but it is also part of Linda’s 5 Best Exercise Series DVD which contains 11 mini workouts. I am using the DVD version but I am also posting individual reviews of the workouts so others can also enjoy them on YouTube. The DVD review will post eventually, tho. However, Linda has also created a 5 Best Exercises playlist on YouTube that includes every one of the workouts on the DVD.***
Arm Toning is 7 minutes long. Equipment needed: an exercise mat and light hand weights. 5 exercises; each exercise is done for one minute. I am using all of these 5 Best Exercises workouts as finishers after a longer metabolic strength workout. This worked really well to finish my arms off. You can’t use heavy weights for this workout. I used 3 and 5 pound dumbbells and that was sufficient to burn my arms out nicely. Linda has 3 workouts in her 5 Best Series that work your upper body (back, triceps and arms). String them together and in 22 minutes you can really fry your arms–especially your triceps.
- Arm circles (hold arms straight in front of you and do small circles) (3# DBs)
- Straight arm raises (lean forward, hold arms straight out to sides of body, turn wrists/hands so pinky facing the ceiling; pulse arms in this position) (3# DBs)
- Alternating bicep curls (hold arms straight in front of you and bend arms at elbows, bringing handweights toward shoulders) (5# DBs)
- Wide & narrow push ups (no DBs; do push ups on knees–regular push up arms and tricep push up arms)
- Tricep dips (crab position)