#229 Awesome Upper Body is an excellent upper body strength workout. It is fast-paced and thorough. Cathe packs a solid upper body strength workout into 39 minutes. Sometimes it does move a little too fast. However, after having done the workout once, this is something that I can easily prepare for when returning to this workout in the future. And I will be returning this workout. I am always on the lookout of excellent upper body workouts and this one is a winner. Awesome Upper Body workout is made up of 3 circuits and each circuit is repeated. When the circuits are repeated, sometimes Cathe varies the tempo from how it was presented the first time through the circuit. You can do Cathe’s live workouts by subscribing to her streaming site or purchasing the individual downloads. Here is a video clip of this workout.
Awesome Upper Body is 39 minutes; 2:30 minute warm up and 1:30 minute stretch. Equipment: dumbbells (Cathe is using 3-15 pounds), step with 3 risers on each side (10 inches) and a fitness mat.
- Tricep dips off edge of step
- Overhead triceps extensions (French press), 10 reps (Cathe is using 12# DBs)
- Push ups with hands on step, 16 reps
- Close grip bench press, 20 reps (Cathe is using 15# DBs)
- Chest flys, 8 reps (Cathe is using 15# DBs)
- 2 close grip bench presses + one slow chest fly (2/2 count), 4 reps of this combo (Cathe is using 15# DBs)
- Side lying single arm tricep push up, 16 reps
- Repeat #1-7
- Overhead press–one full rep + one partial rep, 8 reps (Cathe is using 12# DBs)
- Straight arm side raise, 8 reps; changes to one rep + one partial rep, 6 reps (Cathe is using 5# DBs)
- Iron Cross (front raise, at top of front raise open arms to sides in a T, bring straight arms back in front of chest and lower), 8 reps (Cathe is using 5# DBs)
- Bent over rear delt flys with a pulse/partial rep at the top of the fly, 5 reps; hold DBs at top of fly and pulse 8x (Cathe is using 5# DBs)
- Upright rows, 16 reps (Cathe is using 12# DBs)
- Repeat #9-13
- Pullovers to 2/2 count, 5 reps; changes to 1 full rep + 1 partial rep, 6 reps (Cathe is using 15# DBs)
- Bent over single arm back fly, 12 reps (Cathe is using one 10# DB)
- Bent over single arm back row, 12 reps (Cathe is holding two 10# pound DBs in one hand; I used one 25# DB)
- Repeat #16 & 17 on other arm
- Bicep curls to 2/2 count, 8 reps (Cathe is using 15# DBs)
- Crazy 8s (8 reps of partial bicep curls lifting from bottom to halfway, 8 reps of partial bicep curls lowering from shoulders to halfway down, 8 full bicep curls) (Cathe is using 10# DBs)
- W (wide) curls, 8 reps (Cathe is using 12# DBs)
- Reverse curls, 16 reps (Cathe is using 8# DBs)
- Repeat #15-22
3 thoughts on “Cathe Live: Awesome Upper Body”
I’m just curious and this is probably a dumb question but I’ve noticed all of Cathe’s live workouts are numbered and this one is #229. Does that mean that Cathe has at least 229 live workouts for streaming? If so, I could not handle that — way too many choices.
Cathe has more than that–she has 288 Live workouts and creates a new one every Thursday. I don’t review them in any kind of order though. I do need to restructure my Cathe Live page and put them into some kind order.
That new weekly workout must be exciting for Cathe fans. But OMG, nearly 300 live workouts — my head would explode with all the choices.