100 Rep Glutes is part of Linda Wooldridge‘s 100 Rep Challenge series. She has 10 workouts in this series (here is her 100 Rep Challenge playlist so you can view them all). The idea behind them is you do 100 reps of each exercise in the workout. There are 10 exercises, so each workout actually contain 1,000 reps!
No equipment is needed except a mat, though Linda does suggest that this is a good workout to use ankle weights with. For this workout you are actually doing 5 exercises but since you isolate one side of your body (or glutes) with each exercise, it still equals 10 exercises/1,000 reps–or 500 reps for each glute.
This was a very tough workout. I wore one pound ankle weights for this workout and it really burned my glutes out. It was also making my supporting leg ache. On #4 & 5 below I had to really work not to compensate with my non-working leg. It would start hurting my non-working quad and I would realize I was using that leg to take some of the work off of my working leg! So I would force my non-working leg to relax and put all the effort into the working leg. I felt it so much more in my glutes–so I actually had to make an effort to make that mind-body connection to get the most out of this workout. This was a tough workout that I really felt–it hurt!
100 Rep Glutes is 20 minutes long; no warm up, 2 minute stretch.
- Get on all 4s and raised and lower one straight leg behind you; for the last 20 reps she has you pulse at the top
- Bring knee in to nose then kick straight leg out behind you; for the last 50 reps she has you hold bent knee/leg up and pulse foot up to ceiling
- Lower to elbows and arc straight leg from one side of the body to the other (like an arch or rainbow) for 50 reps; hold straight leg out to side and pulse for 20 reps; hold straight leg out to other side of body (across other leg) and pulse 20 reps; hold straight leg in the center and pulse 10 reps
- Lay on stomach and cross ankles, keeping legs straight–in this position, raise and lower top leg
- Still on stomach, uncross ankles, bend one knee and pulse foot up to ceiling; for last 40 reps hold thigh/knee up off ground and bend and straighten leg
- Repeat everything on other leg